My Relief

by Smart 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your posts sound great so far. It really doesn't matter how you leave as long as you leave.

I am going to have to ditch her aren't I. I told her now yesterday that I havent been to the meetings in weeks but she not reallly bothered by it and still loves me. She is really sweet actually!

You probably will have to "ditch" her, but I suggest you let her do it. Tell her all you discover and tell her you will understand either way if she stays or goes out with you. It will be a tough road if she leaves, but try to help her see how "the truth" is not the truth. Just don't let it hold you back if she isn't willing to learn.

• Smart
    Smart

Anyone living in Wales, UK? I honestly dont know what Im going to do with her. She is so nice.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't live nearby, but I will agree 100% with GTTM's advice. Get out while you still can. If you really care about the girl, you might tell her what you've learned as far as TTATT (since it doesn't seem like you have much to lose if you get DF'd in the process) but don't expect her to run away with you. Even if she does agree to leave the cult to be with you, that's a deal I can't advise you to take. The cult creates a powerful hold on the minds that it has poisoned, and it seems there are cases where it just never lets go, in spite of outward appearances. Even if she leaves, you still have all the family drama and it's probably not worth it.

Get out as fast as you can, and live your life! No need to pile on extra problems for yourself.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

she loves you? do you love her? how long have you been seeing each other?

hmm that can be tricky. how old are you two? dont answer. lol.

would it be right for me to assume that if ANY person with good moral upbringing, not just a jw, that were to take an intrest in you and helped you overcome your problems with your youth [drugs or whatever] you would have chosen to leave all that nonsense behind?

what specifically do you feel, made you choose to clean up your life? its a retorical question, something to think about. was it for yourself or for someone else? dont regret at least that one good outcome, you raised yoyr standards.

well, perhaps you need to have a calm private conversation with her about why you feel the jw faith is not the truth, express some questions that she too may wonder about, simple ones, like

do you think its right to tell people who to marry? [ only in the lord doesnt mean only a jw].

you cant get DF for marrying someone who is not a jw, or someone 'inactive' , you get df for having sex before marraige. at least where i came from anyway.

or, ask her, do you think its right to judge people just becasue they have a different view of scripture? hpw does she feel about this past zone visit nonsense?

once you can get a feel for where her mindset is, maybe you can gently

show her a few subjects on jw facts info, and without forcing her to make any choices, tell her that you honor her feelings and want her to make a truly inforemd choice. ths is your life, use your brain .

when you get involved with someone, you also marry thier family.

oh yes, you do.

good luck

• Smart
    Smart

Regardless of what happens with this girl, it doesn't matter. I'm free as far as I'm concerned and wow I can't believe how ignorant I have been these past few years just going along with all that the witnesses say without even questioning it, because we are discouraged from it!!! The bible even warns against blindly going along with putting faith in every word. The shrewd one considers his steps. That is what I am now doing and wow wow wow I'm learning more about the real truth every day. I am always here or on jw facts / surveys / .com / and other websites to find out all I can about the witnesses. It really is liberating and I am so relieved to be freeeeee!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD THESE WEBSITES EXSIST!

There is nothing to prove that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's Organisation.

How do I change my profile picture? I want you to see my face. You are my friends.

• Smart
    Smart

The circuit overseer is coming tuesday. What questions can I ask him? How can I tactfully express my doubts?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Smart, Anything you do or say that expresses doubts will put you on the CO's and elder's radar. If you have JW family and friends, who you would like to possibly talk to in the future, fade quietly. When JWs ask why you are not attending meetings, just say that you are waiting on Jehovah for guidance and doing Bible research.

If you want to go out with a bigger bang, I would recommend reading Billy the Ex-Bethelite's thread exJW Psychology 102--How to Ask a Question When Questions Aren't Allowed .

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Smart
    Smart

I just got a phone call from the girl's dad. He is an Elder. He was very angry with me and told me I "have caused enough problems in this house already, so go find another sister to play with". I was very upset with him and upset because I do like her. I did not say anything back to him. I was speechless. I cried after he hung up and text her telling her I will never be able to see her again. My parents who are not witnesses think its not very christian at all and think he is horrible. It is horrible isn't it. MY dad said it will only back fire on him because his daughter will hate him for it. Me and her had a great connection. But now I know I am free. What a horrible day though. I am in emotional pain.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Isn't it up to her to decide if she wants to continue to see you? Unless she is a minor.

If you have the opportunity............ ask her if she really believes it is the truth. If she says yes then step aside for a while and see how you feel. Maybe she'll think it out and get back in touch..... if not part as friends.

• bigmac
    bigmac

How do I change my profile picture? I want you to see my face. You are my friends.

hello Smart--welcome from another brit. if you really want to show your mugshot on here---you can upload a photo by posting the URL using the little green tree icon on the toolbar----unless you look like a troll--of course

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit