November 8th Special Meeting

by Chris Tann 62 Replies latest jw friends

• pronomono
    pronomono

I haven't heard a thing about this at my hall. I've missed quite a few meetings but our COBE usually calls to let us know whats up. Guess we're finally moving on from being in the "in" crowd. Are they splitting this up across Saturday/Sunday like they did last year? With the first Saturday morning live and the following three a recorded replay?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I heard nothing planned for Canada. Guess I'll have to catch it as a rerun on JW TV.

• Mary
    Mary

Probably something about how close Armageddon is. No, we really mean it this time!

On this note, does anyone know why at the KH's are getting the big screen TV's installed?

• bafh
    bafh

It is a branch visit. So if you don't fall under the United States Branch, then you won't have the meeting. I'm assuming it might be US and Mexico.

It will be on Nov. 8, broadcast to all congregations capable of receiving it. If someone else has another date, then maybe they are rebroadcasting it that day to accommodate those who weren't able to see it on the 8th.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Login info is being held tight. Only the elder overseeing the video at the local hall is getting it. At our hall that brother has to go to both the Saturday and Sunday meetings. None of the other elders are being giveN the info. Also each hall has there own password.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Every time I hear the term "special meeting" I have the urge to poop.

As we all know there is nothing "special." I have sat through enough special meetings to know that it was all a waste of time.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the 'branch', 'special', 'zone' or 'business' meeting (whatever the hell they are now calling it) is being held in many Kingdom Halls on both Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th.

The first meeting on Saturday is being held I understand at 9:00 am. So I'm sure we'll be getting the highlights here on JWN at say....9:01 am.:):):)

• pixel
    pixel

Nice JwGB

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My guess it will be the 13.5 million they just paid out on a sex abuse case they just lost.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Just more adhoc meetings to keep the rank and file keen. Just like many have said it will be the same old manipulation, nothing special at all. I can't believe I feel for it all and preached more each time there was a special meeting.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit