November 8th Special Meeting

by Chris Tann 62 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

OneEyedJoe- LOL at angry birds on the tablet. I do the same thing! That or candy crush. I used to browse JWN, but now they restricted the Wi-FI to JW.org only

• sir82
    sir82

These zone visits have taken place for DECADES.

Yeah, but not this level of "dog and pony show" with live feeds beamed directly into every Kingdom Hall in the USA, and talks by all members of the GB.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Just in case leadership checks out this site, so many of us JWs would welcome this special meeting as replacement to one of the circuit assy, also knock the Friday out of the regional conv.

Jehovah please answer our prayers!

GC

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

OneEyedJoe- LOL at angry birds on the tablet. I do the same thing! That or candy crush. I used to browse JWN, but now they restricted the Wi-FI to JW.org only

I wifi-hotspot my phone... the geezers in our congregation won't even give out the wifi password. I'm surprised there's someone in your congregation sufficiently adept with modern technology that they could do domain restrictions on the wifi.

I think at conventions/assemblies I'm going to start setting my wifi ssid to www.jwfacts.com when I tether.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The Old Hippie, these "zone visits" have never been piped in to every KH in the zone and hyped for months on end as some sort of "special meeting" ever before. I have been in the JW community for DECADES too and I could not tell you one thing about what a "zone visit" entails. Why is 2014 different? I think that is the point of this thread, isn't it?"

They HAVE been piped to every KH in the zone. We had it piped last year - 2013 - and this year - 2014 - and it has been announced recently that it will be piped in March 2015 as well. And before that, it was transferred thru telephone lines both in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. So there is absolutely NOTHING new about it.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They HAVE been piped to every KH in the zone. We had it piped last year - 2013 - and this year - 2014 - and it has been announced recently that it will be piped in March 2015 as well. And before that, it was transferred thru telephone lines both in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. So there is absolutely NOTHING new about it.

2013 was the annual meeting, not a zone visit. There certainly wasn't the same level of hooplah about anything in 2010-2012 as there is now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I got this from a U.S.A. dub whom I consider reliable . It is the text of the b o e letter, that was read out and was to be placed on the notice board. I am told that it relates to the U.S. branch territory that might include other adjacent countries.

On February 11, 2014, the Bethel family was excited to learn that a branch visit is scheduled for the United States. The dates for this visit are November 3, 2014, through November 10, 2014. Brothers from several countries and members of the Governing Body will share in serving as headquarters representatives. This visit will be beneficial and upbuilding to the Bethel family and to all of God’s people in the United States branch territory.

In this connection, we are happy to let you know that arrangements are being made for a special weekend program on Saturday, November 8, 2014, and Sunday, November 9, 2014, to be broadcast to locations throughout the branch territory in order for as many as possible to benefit from this branch visit. All locations will receive the program via audio/video tie-in. In addition to English, the program will also be heard in Spanish by those who have their own FM receiver and headphones.

This special program will include a summary of the Watchtower for that week, followed by other spiritually encouraging parts that will be presented by headquarters representatives and members of the U.S. Branch Committee. In all, the program will last approximately three hours. Further details will be provided in the near future regarding the location and time that congregations will be invited to attend.

We are making you aware of this special week of activity in our branch territory so that you may make plans now to enjoy the rich spiritual blessings that we will receive. (Deut. 16:15) Please accept an expression of our warm Christian love and greetings.

• sir82
    sir82

These zone visits have taken place for DECADES.

They HAVE been piped to every KH in the zone. We had it piped last year - 2013 - and this year - 2014 - and it has been announced recently that it will be piped in March 2015 as well.

Hmm, yeah, 2013 - 2015 is DECADES

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

The Old Hippie, I think maybe you have had too much of the Old Hippie Lettuce and are confused. But hey, that's ok.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Though we seem to be having a hard time figuring out what the GB will be talking about on Saturday November 8th (their Branch meeting), one thing we all can be confident of-each and every one of the blockhead Governing Body will be thinking of this $13.5 child molestation judgement at some time during this event, even possibly while he's giving his part on the program.

Just imagine the GB trying their damnest to be positive and optimistic in their delivery while at the same time knowing that most 8 million rank and file listening to them by then would have already heard the bad news about this well deserved judgement over WT's grotesque and appalling behavior.

May God rob the Governing Body of much needed rest and sleep and may God rob the WT attorneys involved of the same much needed rest and sleep!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit