November 8th Special Meeting

by Chris Tann 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

This "special meeting" is a "Zone Visit". No, I have no clue what a "Zone Visit" entails (doing inventory? checking the supply rooms for paper products? reviewing the landscape maintenance records? taking all the slaves employees out to Subway for lunch?) or what its significance is. All I can picture in my mind is a bunch of old codgers who run an international real estate empire headquartered in NY and declaring one day that they will make a "Zone Visit" to the country they have already been in the last 364 days. Will the GB wear hard hats and reflective safety vests? Will they have badges like inspectors? It is sorta like someone who picks boogers from their nose 364 days a year but on one "special day" they declare to themselves that it is "Special Interior Nose Inspection Day", you know..... to make it extra special.

I won't be attending.

• BU2B
    BU2B

They just announced last night that the meeting will be 3 hours long and will be live streamed to the KH at 3 pm saturday. It will include a WT summary. There will be no sunday meeting.

• blondie
    blondie

Branch

Zone

District (now Regional)

Circuit

Congregation

These are the levels of area and figureheads

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Blondie, I think "district" has been replaced by "regional" as of last year.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW have there been any regional conventions so far, with "regional" on the schedules and references in the BOEs?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I wonder if part of it is to keep the folks local over a potentially long weekend in the states.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

As far as I know all the conventions in 2014 have been called "regional" and all the uber-dubs use this proper, new "theocratic language".

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

How long have some of you guys been connected to the JW community? These zone visits have taken place for DECADES.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

BTW have there been any regional conventions so far, with "regional" on the schedules and references in the BOEs?

This summer's conventions had regional convention on the program.

They just announced last night that the meeting will be 3 hours long and will be live streamed to the KH at 3 pm saturday. It will include a WT summary. There will be no sunday meeting.

When our PO/COBE/whatever did the announcement last night, he said that it would be an "update on our preaching activities." I'm not sure if that was in the letter, because he seemed to be riffing a bit at that point, but maybe this could be the change to the ministry that everyone's been passing around roumors about? Most likely, I'd bet they'll just take a bunch of meaningless statistics and use it to try to assert that 'we have the truth' and 'certainly we can see jehovah's blessing' etc. etc.

I'll probably hang out in the back and play angry birds on my tablet. The only upside to all this is that I can be sure that my wife won't try to make me go out in service that morning. 1 cult activity a day is usually plenty for her, so in the end I'll get out of 2 hours of service (and all the associated driving/prep time) and the sunday meeting, so I'll actually end up with more time this weekend than otherwise, assuming I would've gone out.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

The Old Hippie, these "zone visits" have never been piped in to every KH in the zone and hyped for months on end as some sort of "special meeting" ever before. I have been in the JW community for DECADES too and I could not tell you one thing about what a "zone visit" entails. Why is 2014 different? I think that is the point of this thread, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit