Not on JW.org: SIX Texas victims acuse Jehovah's Witness Elder & Circuit Overseer of sexual abuse, and bring lawsuit against Watchtower for cover-up.

by Balaamsass2 70 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of Six Young Children Leads to Lawsuit in Dallas County

DALLAS , Oct. 23, 2014 /NEWS.GNOM.ES/ — Six young adults, from north Texas , all sexually abused as children, filed suit today in Dallas, Texas state court against three North Texas Jehovah’s Witnesses Congregations ( Dallas , Plano , and Greenville ), the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, and an elder.

Sexually abused when they were ages 4 through 14, the plaintiffs were children of members of the Dallas , Plano , and Greenville Jehovah’s Witnesses Congregations. The suit states that they were repeatedly sexually abused and molested by an elder and an unknown regional circuit overseer, and that they and their families were threatened with discipline and harm if they disclosed the abuse to anyone.

Windle Turley, one of the attorneys representing the six plaintiffs, said, “at the Turley Law Firm, we have a longstanding commitment to representing victims of institutional and religious sexual abuse. Many organizations and their employees, occupy positions of trust and confidence that make it possible to cause great harm under the guise of religion. When that occurs the wrongdoers, whether individuals or institutions, must be held accountable.”

The suit papers are available at http://www.wturley.com/Recent-Filings/. For more information, contact Windle Turley or Steven Schulte , Turley Law Firm, at 214-691-4025, or [email protected].

SOURCE Turley Law Firm

http://www.wturley.com

• designs
    designs

Sounds like they found a good Law firm to represent them.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Click on the recent filings link. A must read!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Geez! It's like a set of lawsuits every other week now!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

And now you know why the WT is heading out to the country, out of sight; also why they split up into a maze of corporations in 2000.

They knew this was coming.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Bravo for the victims coming forward, but what horrible experiences they have suffered and continue to suffer from. Reading the filing left me in tears.

A million dollars each won't even scratch the surface of the pain of these young people, but let's hope they get tens of millions instead.

There should be a special kind of torture punishment for the Watchtower child molesters and child rapists.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" They knew this was coming. " I don't doubt you are right Pistoff, and yet they have made no effort to improve their practical systems for protection of the vulnerable, which of course don't really exist,except for some meaningless words on paper.

Why is this ? why have they allowed paedophiles to carry on offending, or to disappear and cover their tracks , WHY ?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Phizz, why did the catholic church continue to protect their pedophile priests until they were so widely exposed? They have gotten away with it for so long they are deluded into thinking that they will escape punishment.

If every JW child/now adult who has been molested could band together and file a massive class action suit against this vile organization, it would come tumbling down.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Pistoff, I agree that's why they split the org into a maze of corporations. They did know this was coming. I used to think that the org spent its time and resources on deep Bible analysis and noble pursuits. I now realize that it's more like a business. It spends most of its time on PR and worrying about how to protect its assets and grow its customer basse (or at least not lose its existing customers).

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, can you provide a link to the news story, please? I want to send it to someone in DFW area. Thanks! I know that he was in at least one of the congos.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit