Not on JW.org: SIX Texas victims acuse Jehovah's Witness Elder & Circuit Overseer of sexual abuse, and bring lawsuit against Watchtower for cover-up.

by Balaamsass2 70 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

From the Petition:

10. The Watchtower Defendants are so organized and controlled, and their affairs are so conducted, that they are the alter egos of Watchtower and operate as a sole business enterprise. Accordingly, all Defendants are agents and servants of each other and are vicariously liable for each other’s acts.

11. Through its hierarchical structure, the Governing Body assumes complete control over and responsibility for the selection, development, protection, and discipline of members, including children. To further its goals, the Governing Body authorizes male members to develop relationships of trust with women, children, and families, and to assume the role of counselor for any problems or issues that arise, including claims of abuse or molestation.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• sir82
    sir82

OOf! A circuit overseer is a direct "employee" of the WTS. That could hurt them big time.

The WTS of course would have known this was coming long in advance. I wonder how much of the recent changes to the roles & responsibilities of COs and elimmination of DOs was driven by factors such as this?

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Just wait until the Candace Conti issue is litigated to the full. If she wins NO amount of legal representation will be able to address the maelstrom!

• AndersonsInfo
  • the girl next door
  • millie210
    millie210

What if the abuser mentioned is not a C.O. but a D.O.?

That would add some weight to why the D.O. arrangement went poof!

Of course, on the other hand, they are distancing themselves from C.O.s too so no telling what the thought is behind all this but I think we can all recognize running scared when we see it.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I can't wait for the candice conti case to finish. The several recent lawsuits are just a leak in the levees. When they have to conceed the conti case, the levees will break and the flood waters will come forth!

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

YAY!!!!!!!!! Lawsuits against the pervs! I am sure there are many more victims that will come forward. Maybe this is the start of the Great Tribulation for the WTS.

Anyway, Take Care,

AB

• designs
    designs

My understanding is once a lawsuit is filed you can't shuffle or hide assests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit