Slip Sliding Away :I went to a 1 day assembly-Why?

by MissFit 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"While I won't be there at the assembly, I would love to meet you for dinner after you get out."

I would have seen how that went over. You are a grown adult that can do what you want, but it sounded like a set-up to make you feel that you had to go. Since you did go, were you forced to talk about it? ...or did you all just never mention it again at the breaks and on the way out of there?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But spending some time with my friend does matter to me.

....and I hate to bring it up, but sitting next to someone while that mind-control spew is going on is not really anything like quality time.

Would she sit with you at what JW's consider an apostate event? NO! Would she have sacrificed going to the Assembly if you could have said that there was something awesome you would like to do INSTEAD? You really need to know the answer to that one.

• naazira
    naazira

Hey, now you know you can negotiate in the future. Ask for a steak and decline the sand which in the future lol

• clarity
    clarity

One really nice thing you get when you leave

a cult is............you can do what you darn well

want to do! You don't have to apologise for your

decision.

Everyone has their own sense of what will work

for them. If you make a decision & it doesn't

feel good .......do something else.

The point, is do not be pressured to do, or not do

something. There is no timetable. There is lots

of time ......the world is not going to end.

YOU are the boss of YOU.......rejoice in that!

luv you all

clarity

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi everyone. Sorry for not responding earlier. Was working.

Thanks forc all of your comments.

To those of you who have "been there, done that" I'm glad you could relate. Thanks for your support.

Blondie: you are right, she probably could still count the time. But I wasn't an after thought. You know...when they are out in service and they have a few minutes to kill, they stop at someone's house to finish up their time.

I realize and have fully accepted that we will never have the same relationship we had. I know in her way that visit was an act of love on her part. I was her at one time. I also know her she is loyal to her sisters who did not stay in.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Onthewayout: good points. The thing is as her friend would never ask her unless it was an emergency because I already know her priorities. But I have seen her miss meeting for family obligations.

Though you do make a valid point. I never realized how inconsiderate and self involved JWs are when it comes to working around other peoples lives.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My wife has forbidden me from attending the upcoming assembly day. . . WHICH IS AWSOME!!!

She'll go for family, but she wishes she could stay home too.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Boc: wow, how did you manage that?

Clarity :Thanks. I liked your post. It is important that we dont let anyone pressure us into doing or not doing something.

• steve2
    steve2

There is a special quality about friendship that defies the usual laws of social interaction. I just hope that when push comes to shove, your JW friend shows the same sisterly love and acceptance to you that you have shown to her. A fundamental definition of friendship that is relevant here is this: A true friend is someone who knows all about you but loves you as you are all the same.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Doesn't that lessen the chance she'll ever wake up and live a life worth living? You having fulfilled the jw prediction that people who leave either a) come back because they miss it or b) die young after becoming addicted prostitute devil worshipper nudists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit