TV.JW.ORG is HERE!

by Splash 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, millie210, everyone sees it, even many believing JWs :-) I think that Lett was probably raised in a cloistered environment. Some JWs are Asperger's-esque just because of the lack of honest feedback from peers in their life. JWs put up with stuff that others would take a stand against, or even mock.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welp, I played a bit of the website as I was working later in the day. Lett is something else. I was thinking he was trying to appeal to 3-5 year olds, but in other talks, his manner is the same. Wow. Something odd there.

So...it's pretty slick, really. Very professional. Even actors portraying Russell, Rutherford and Knorr. That must be a fun department to belong to...

I see Kavelin's song "Make the Truth Your Own" made the cut into the current songbook and into the audio.

There sure is a lot of warm fuzzy in the streaming videos of the international conventions etc.

It will be interesting to hear 6 mths down the road how many will still be watching.

Edited to add: Quickly I run to play a Ted Talk to clear my head of tv.jw.org.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

The parts of the video with Stephen Lett are uncomfortable to watch,

Talk about sappy overacting, he reminds me of Mister Rogers or Barney the Dinosaur.

I think he comes across as desperate, like someone trying to sell a time share property in Arkansas.

Guess pinky rings are GB approved now.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Poor old Stephen Letts really shouldn't be fronting this endeavour by the JW's........he has a very unusual manner.

I reckon stick a white beard & red suit on the guy & he'd make a great Sant Claus ................well he does sound like he's talking to all the lickle boys & girls.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heatrofaboy - "...he does sound like he's talking to all the lickle boys & girls."

A WT-pedo-related Freudian slip, there?

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

You all just wait, as the build up of content on tvJW, we will start hearing things such as:

1. Why watch tv of the world when we have tvJW

2. Jehovah has given us our own tv to watch, why watch Satans tv

3. The faithful & discreet slave has given us what we need at the proper time our own tv

4. After giving negative stats and bad effects of worldly tv, this now can be avoided in our own homes with tvJW

5. Since jehovah has given us our own spiritual tv, to not take advantage of it is to tell jehovah that we don't appreciate his provisions of spirtual food.

Any more ideas?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My non jw family member emailed me the link to the show. She asked "Have you seen this? Creepy!"

I imagine that sums it up for any non jw watching even a portion of that.

I emailed her back asking where she saw info on that link. It must be public news out there somewhere because she isn't one that looks around for JW stuff.

• moomanchu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit