New online JW TV channel released at the AGM

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with this stunt. As Nicolauo just said, it's too OTT for the European audience. We prefer the

X Factor!!!! Can you imagine the GB on Britain's got Talent???

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just to clarify, I'm aware this is intended for the rank & file, studies and 'interested ones' rather than a mainstream public audience but those American accents and slick visuals are really going to grate on English nerves.

We just don't do that sort of thing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We prefer the X Factor!!!!

Speak for yourself buddy

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I wonder if they will take live questions from viewers........that would be interesting

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

More news about this here:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/coming-soon-to-a-web-browser-near-you-governing-body-tv-on-demand

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It would be nice if they teamed up with the Athiest Experience.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I'll have to look through, but I predicted this a few years ago.

I can see them equipping Kingdom Halls with projectors and soon they will stream "special talks". It has a few benefits:

1) Need less elders to prepare for talks

2) Opens up halls to expensive A/V mortgages

3) Gets the FDS more into the limelight which they seem to be enjoying

• Zordino
    Zordino

It would be funny if they went full blown TV show with 'Worldy' sponsers. Wonder what kinds of commercials they would have? Lol

• millie210
    millie210

JWs are the new Mormons!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This is going to go a looong way in helping publicize the GB members to the F&DS. I feel that it may even be the overriding motive for this "channel". Keep in mind that we probably know their names and faces better than the average JW. Even with them speaking at one all-hands AGM last year, and individual members showing up at the occasional DC, we're talking about the average JW seeing a GB member, on average, once per year. It's not surprising if they haven't learned their names yet. But seeing them on a regular basis, even once a month (and I can see that being ramped up over time) is going to make their names common currency among Witnesses. "Did you see that new talk from Br. Morris?" "Oh yes, that was very nice, and I love listening to that accent."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit