New online JW TV channel released at the AGM

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"I am ... totally awesome."

His delivery, gestures, voice emphasis and camera technique need work. On the whole, wooden and insincere. I guess this is the result when those unfamiliar with broadcasting stray into that domain. Maybe he'll improve. Maybe not. Some creepy moments, especially when he was trying to commend the target audience - the youth. He said twice(!), "Young ones, you are loved by Jehovah and his organization." Evidence for Jehovah's and the GB's love for "little children" (the way he said that made me recoil - brrr!) is the Caleb and Sophie videos apparently.

And although this flash new studio has been knocked up in Brooklyn, the fixtures and fittings will be transferred to Warwick so "it's an investment that we're hopeful with your support can be used on into the years ahead" What years ahead? Oh that's right. Somehow, Armageddon, global destruction and worldwide chaos will not affect internet connection or the functionality of their very own telecoms company.

And is the video at the end a nod in the direction of Christian pop?

The whole deal is surreal.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

*** w86 11/15 p. 21 Insight on the News ***

TV Evangelism—God’s Way?

If Jesus Christ were on earth today, asserted TV evangelist Jim Bakker, “he’d have to be on TV.” Why television? Because, according to Bakker, “that would be the only way he could reach the people he loves.” Like Bakker, an increasing number of fundamentalist preachers in the United States feel that television is the best medium for spreading the Word of God. Yet, a 1984 study showed that, for the most part, TV evangelists “reinforce people already committed to evangelical religion.” ...

... If Jesus laid such emphasis on this method of preaching [going to people's homes] in order to make disciples, why do many evangelists prefer TV as their medium? The Courier-Mail of Brisbane, Australia, notes that TV evangelists “make up to $120 million a year selling salvation. They appear in a blaze of electrified power and glory on 300 TV stations, and are worshipped like pop idols. . . . For all their tactics, these men who claim to manipulate even God, come down in the end to a straight business deal. Send them $10 and they will send you to heaven.”

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If Jesus laid such emphasis on this method of preaching [going to people's homes]

What other method was there in the first century? I always found this argument puzzling to say the least. It should be about getting the message out as efficiently as possible. The method of doing so is irrelevant.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Apparently the GB's love is working. I am wondering if this was all put into play as a result of the Pew report on JW rentention rate of children. Just had to wait for the old guard on the GB to head to their heavenly thrones.

Here is an actual comment on facebook by a young adult JW

Wow. I am literally in tears right now at the love that the Governing Body has for us! Monthly broadcasts from them! The entire Gilead Graduation ceremony! New videos! What an amazing gift!!!

Another comment I saw posted ...

Isn't it amazing??!!!!' We just got done watching it. We have THE coolest organization!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sick!!!

I have now watched the whole 55 mins or so...

I had to do it in sections, or I would have been sick!

HOW can anyone TAKE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY?????

The MANIPULATION, and leading statements, and PROPAGANDA is out of this world!

Im shocked......

Notice how Doctrinal truth is no longer as important as the EMOTIONAL grab? This is especially evident in that song "best life ever"....no logical reasons presented based on facts...just a "feel good puff piece"

Seriously, only an emotionally vulnerable person would fall for this crap! Or very young children...before the cynical teen years start. They even admitted that in the video "young ones you are the next generation to lead gods organization".....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AnnOMaly - "Evidence for Jehovah's and the GB's love for 'little children' (the way he said that made me recoil - brrr!) is the Caleb and Sophie videos apparently."

My kids can do without that kind of love.

Or, FTM, any kind of WT "love", 'specially the kind that's causing court cases, recently.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...................................................Strring

...................................................................Starrring..

........................................"WBT$ GB ROCK STAR POPE STEPHEN LETT"

..................With An Important Message To Jehovahs Witnesses Around The World..

.Stick Out Your Tongue,Blow Air Out Your Bum.....Stick Out Your Tongue,Blow Air Out Your Bum..

.Stick Out Your Tongue,Blow Air Out Your Bum.....Stick Out Your Tongue,Blow Air Out Your Bum..

...............................................................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@Outlaw...

He looks like he's been watching Ace Ventura a few too many times.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

@Outlaw...

He looks like he's been watching Ace Ventura a few too many times.....Vidiot

.........................................................NEXT ON..

.......................................................Starrring..

............................"WBT$ GB ROCK STAR POPE STEPHEN LETT"

..With Another Important Message To Jehovahs Witnesses Around The World..

.................DO YOU LOVE JEHOVAH??!!..DO YOU LOVE JEHOVAH??!!..

.........................http://i.imgur.com/9a4rIOX.gif

............................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif..OUTLAW

• sparky1
    sparky1

"We are sorry Jesus............the GOVERNING BODY(tm) has decided that you just are not photogenic or charismatic enough to appear on TV.JW.ORG. If you like, you can be a microphone rover at this weeks Watchtower study."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit