New online JW TV channel released at the AGM

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Annual General Meeting. It's actually just called the "Annual Meeting" by Witnesses, but somehow the acronym AGM caught on here. It's not really an AGM because it's not a shareholder meeting and there's no election of board members taking place.

• singlebaby
    singlebaby

Hey look y'all, if this TV thing is really true then I really do wish that Armageddon would have came on October 2nd!!

Good grief!!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, I remember that explanation. And, my JW family hated the on-tv evangelist. The TV preachers were not going "door to door", like the bible example. When TV preacher got caught for excessive money/fraud/sex, my JW family ate it up!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, will we really get to see GB members giving talks once a month? What a treat.

Is there 'new light' shortly about to be personally announced by the GB via live-streaming online TV?

Watchtower magazine no longer the official channel of all divine instruction beamed from heaven (Pleiades) to the Governing Body - now TV.JW.BORG?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This will help prop up the table of "spiritual food" (AKA regular indoctrination) that has been missing a leg since the merging of the Book Study into the other mid-week meeting.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Now you have no reason to watch your regualr telivision! With few clicks away you can enter TV paradise.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Comment from Milton Henschel, IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM, p. 232:

"And what will the brothers do if we give them more free time?
    Probably use it in watching TV."

Ray Franz's Response:

"Whether they consciously think of it in this connection, the men in positions of leadership also know that the Watch Tower organization has produced a publishing empire of tremendous size, one that has taken decades to build up. That publishing system with its large, expensive branch offices and printeries and the impressive, multi-storied dwellings for those operating these, are a source of considerable pride and a frequently cited evidence of divine blessing and prosperity. Any diminishing of the pressure on Witnesses to engage in door-to-door activity with the publications flowing from that system could eventually cause that empire to crumble or require its being largely dismantled. I seriously believe that for many of those in the organizational leadership, the very idea of this is unthinkable."

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

This is ... I can't think of a cussword appropiate enough to describe my feelings. Years ago, 1983 to be exact, when studying with a JW, I asked him why doesn't the WBTS preach on T.V? His reply".. Jesus taught us to preach from door to door. Tele-evangelists do that and we don't want to follow their example." Sonovabitch!! Looks like the tele-evangelists got the better of Jesus!!!

• Zordino
    Zordino

It'll be a big creamy steaming pile of cult indoctrination. I can't believe this is happening. This type of (TV Evangelizing) would have been considered blasphemy when I was growing up.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This will NOT play went in Europe. There is a real aversion to American TV evangelists here. Bring it on I say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit