My best friend died yesterday

by TimeBandit 42 Replies latest jw friends

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I don't really beleive in heaven, I mean I wanted to, but I don't see how it's possible. But damn the thought of heaven was comforting to me yesterday.

Chris-

• blondie
    blondie

I still cry about the last 2 dogs I had, true loving friends, worth 1,000 so-called Christians at the KH.

It's been 20 years since the last one died...I think I'll be ready for another in 4 years...we are already checking for what kind of breed...medium to small.

Sorry about your friend.

Blondie

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That was hard to read, we recently had to put down our beloved dog as well. I'm very sorry for your loss, I don't think we realize just how much our pets add to our day to day life until we no longer have them.

My teenagers insisted on picking up a new puppy at the local animal shelter that needed a good home. So now we are crazy busy trying to keep this pup from destroying the house. It's a good distraction for us all,but we miss our good old man.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for doing what needed to be done, that must have been very hard. As parents we can hope that our children will out live us, but with our fur children it's not so easy. I have always said I would not let my pets suffer because I couldn't make that difficult choice and that is what I did. My vet let me hold my dog Allie and my cat Cleo while they were put to sleep and I am glad I was with them at the end. I still think about those two quite often, they were both very special.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! It's bad enough when somebody else (a vet) has to do it. But to take it upon yourself? That not only takes a tremendous amount of guts but also a tremendous amount of love to carry it through.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh My, Chris. wow. The pain is so real in your story. I recall my father having the nessesity to do the same for our long time dog that was hit by a car and no vet for many miles, and it was a weekend. You loved your dog enough to do that for him. One very good friend you are for your dog.

• humbled
    humbled

I know how much you had to love your friend to end his suffering. Nothing says it so well as that. It is amazing to find such friendship and love in the hearts of another creature, isn't it?

Take care,

Maeve

• losingit
    losingit

Hugs... thank you for sharing your story... dogs are super special creatures. i had a chihuahua while growing up, and when she passed i was heartbroken. i even thought i could hear her walking down the hallway in the middle of the night! (we had hardwood floors, and you could hear her nails against them when she walked.)

now i have 2 doggies, they're sisters altho they don't look anything alike. they're adorable, but not very smart. LOL i don't like to think about how long they might be around. just try to enjoy them. they're always smiling when they see me. they are very thankful for their baths even tho they don't like it at the moment. good dogs, just not too smart, haha!

hugs to you

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm sorry for your loss.

I agree that sometimes a dog can be a better friend than many humans. They love without question or conditions, ... except you must feed them and pet them from time to time!

• Dagney
    Dagney

So sorry for the loss of your mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit