My best friend died yesterday

by TimeBandit 42 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Christopher, my beloved nephew. My heart is with you and Bev, and it breaks for you and gentle, giant Indy. This calls to mind you and your two brothers playing in the backyard when you were little boys, with Shasta the St. Benard and how you guys loved your doggies. I miss you, Chris and I wish I could be there to comfort you.

A song from that time when you were a little boy: 1976. This song is about a couple grieving the loss of their dog named Shannon. If ever I need to let go of emotion, this song will always help me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kSrV_CubiQ

• FlyingHighNow
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette

My sympathy.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Thanks for your condolences everyone. Heather, Thanks for that! Mrs. TimeBandit also wishes to express her thanks to you all.

Chris-

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am sorry for your loss, he will always be close to your heart. We still think of ours be use they are very special.

• fiddler
    fiddler

Time Bandit, I am a consumaye dog lover. They can teach humanity a thing or two about love and loyalty. Last January I was blessed to have a 5 year old Shar-Pei/Red Healer mix. I have since looked at the life expectancy of both breeds and think maybe another 5 years....

No, not what I really want to think about now. I had a beloved little Dachshound mix that grew up with my children and she died at 14 years...

they are FAMILY! It's never easy losing them. I still have this little story printed out with Sascha (Dachshound) pictured beside it. It is about making that final call and your good and loyal dog thanking you for making that call. I don't know how to link things on this site to post that story but suffice it to say, you did the most loving thing. Peace be with you and know that you did the right thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Our dog passed away years ago, and I still catch myself missing her.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My condolences. I just had to put a cat down last week. She was nearly 20. I cried for days. It's hard to do, but she was really suffering. Sometimes the right thing hurts.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

TimeBandit So sorry for your loss. Don't know where you live, but there are many, many vets around here and I know for a fact some of them make house calls to do what is needed with a very large dog. My daughter is a pet sitter and I work part time for her. One of her very first clients was a gi-normous Great Dane, Kaiser, a mottled grey color. He is the sweetest, most loving dog. I thought I would be afraid of him the first time I had to take care of him on my own, but for whatever reason he likes me and is always very protective of me. He sticks to me like glue when we are out, almost unbalancing me, but whatever, he is so funny. I am on the short side so we are almost eye to eye, ha. His mommy says he does the same to her, so that is a compliment.

Obviously we are animal lovers, we have several cats and through the years have had to make the very difficult decision. This past year several of my daughters clients have had their pets pass and believe me, when they call to let us know, we grieve along with them for the loss of a sweet friend. I believe it shows the true character of a person in how they feel about and care for animals. Silly as it may seem, I like to buy into the idea that many of my sweet kitties are waiting on the Rainbow Bridge for me!

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Aww TimeBandit, how very sad. I wouldn't have had the courage to do what you did. My heart feels for you. I remember having to take my dog to the vet to be euthanised, I can still remember the feeling to this day and it was more than 30 years ago and what's more I missed that little daschund for a very long time, in fact I have never had another pet since, as I cannot bare that kind of pain again. It's the same feeling when a loved family member passes away. Its awful. Death is cruel and separates us from the ones we love and cherish the most. Take care

Lozza Aussie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit