My best friend died yesterday

by TimeBandit 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

How amazingly tough, TimeBandit. My heart goes out to you. Kudos to you and your wife for loving your friend enough to go through that to end his suffering.

• millie210
    millie210

It took a lot of love to do what you did.

Im glad your dog had such a good life with you as a loving best friend.

All my sorrow dear TimeBandit.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

That's awful. So hard to deal with a death of a friend. My heart hurts also.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

and for that same reason is why i cant bring myself to get another dog. i cant go through that again

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for sharing your story. I can appreciate exactly what you must have gone through and bravo for putting your personal feelings aside and making sure he didn't suffer longer than he needed and giving him a pleasant last day to say goodbye.

If you ever watch the TV show Derek there are some great quotes there about dogs and heaven: his friend tells them they go to a different heaven so he wants to go to that one too instead of with the people. It's quite moving but also funny (Ricky Gervais / Netflix).

We nearly lost our dog a couple of years ago and at one point had to make a decision whether to carry on expensive treatment with no guarantees or consider having her put down. Seeing her unable to walk and barely able to eat but still obviously happy to see you but so lathargic was heartbreaking but fortunately she pulled through eventually and made a good recovery.

She is my little sweetheart and it will kill me when it is finally time to say goodbye to her. Thankfully she's a small dog so we should have many years to enjoy together.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I am so sorry, I hope you are able to feel better soon. I have lost dear pet friends...they are the best friends.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Pets are a part of our families. We do what we must to makr sure our loved one don't suffer too much. I am sorry for your loss. Maybe heaven really exits. I don't know what to believe.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

=(

So sorry... I cried reading this... I don't know what I would have done if I had been in your shoes... such a gut-wrenching decision...

Sorry for your loss :(

• BU2B
    BU2B

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I have never had the joy of owning a canine person but I have always wanted to. I believe dogs, along with other creatures feel and are smarter and take in more than we know. I can see it in their eyes. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Heartbreaking to read this. Cannot imagine the intense emotions you and your family endured.

Your pup-baby obviously had a very special life with you. Remember all the fun and loving times.

Tearfully, -Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit