Apple Cider Vinegar

by poppers 58 Replies latest social physical

• Gregor
    Gregor

True story...I just mentioned to my wife some of the things I have been reading here...she informed me that a couple of our children are using it. I mentioned the Bragg brand that you've been referring to. A minute later she walks up to me and hands me a brand new bottle of Braggs!

It was meant to be. i took a shot in a glass of water. Yeow. It must be good for you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

For acid reflux I found that reducing carbs helps me. Antacids didn't work for me, you actually need some acid to help you digest your food, I got carried away eating tums and it actually made me worse. Of course everyone is different, but if you are using antacids and/or reflux meds and it doesn't help it might be worth a try.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

I have acid reflux a lot, much worse when I'm stressed like right now but am also pregnant so it's extra bad. Will try anything! Thanks for the tips :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's better before it turns to vinegar

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

LOL @ Black Sheep, but do you have a point ? Cider itself may be a health drink ! One of your 5 a day, along with Wine which is another.

If I can get the same benefits from drinking proper Cider, I know which I prefer ! Locally we have Biddenden Cider, around 8%ABV, nice !

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

For acid reflux I found that reducing carbs helps me. Antacids didn't work for me, you actually need some acid to help you digest your food, I got carried away eating tums and it actually made me worse. Of course everyone is different, but if you are using antacids and/or reflux meds and it doesn't help it might be worth a try.

Heartburn/acid reflux is often the result of your stomach not producing enough digestive (hydrochloric) acid. This is why taking an antacid, like Tums, makes it worse; you already have an acid deficiency and you just neutralized what little you have remaining by taking an antacid.

A simple test a naturopath/homeopath uses to determine if you are producing too much or too little digestive acid is this: when you have an attack of heartburn, drink 1-2 Tablespoons of ACV. If your heartburn gets worse, you are producing too much acid. If you get immediate relief, the cause of your heartburn is that you don't produce enough digestive acid.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

apple cider vinegar is good stuff but so is coconut oil

• Gregor
    Gregor

If you are concerned about the acid effect on your teeth, just rinse and spit with a little baking soda in water.

• screwproof
    screwproof

My oldest daughter took ACV before she ate meals and lost a lot of weight, 2 teaspoons I think. She got to where she would just turn the bottle up and drink it before she ate. It is very breathtaking but it is worth it in the long run for its health properties.

When I was younger, my mother would have me drink 2 tbsps of ACV and a tablespoon of honey mixed together, it helped my hair and my weight.

I was watching Dr Oz one day about poor sleeping habits and all the things he suggested, but the one that caught my attention was the Melatonin, he said its not only a good sleep agent, but also helps acid reflux. I have since noticed that I dont hae acid reflux at night anymore.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Gregor, if you use vinegar and baking soda together you get a great mouthwash. It bubbles a lot and will get into hard to reach areas. Kinda of like a hydrogen peroxide rinse.

apostrate - I have been plagued with those little black ants forever. A boric acid and corn syrup mixture used as a bait is effective. You can google the preportions and use only a small amount at a time. Try to take the massive, tedious time to track the ant line as close to the nest as you can.The closer you bait the more effective it will be, otherwise they will alert the nest and the queen moves the nest and it's the same old story. I have been battlingfor decades. I believe wemust have argentine ants, which quickly move and form super long trails. They take years and years and years to even possibly get rid of. But I must say, this summer we have been ant free. First one I can think of for many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit