Apple Cider Vinegar

by poppers 58 Replies latest social physical

• eva luna
    eva luna

I use apple cider viniger for many things too.

I like to add a few drop in the water when I poach eggs. It keeps it all together.

Like Shirley said, Bragg is the one to use for the health benifits. It's at most regular markets now and all health food stores

It's also a good foot soak. I read somewere to add a 1/3 cup of Listerine and the same anount of Bragg viniger to your water. Soak your feet for no longer than 20 min. That's my favorite soak right now. I love the tingle..smile.

I use plaine old white viniger for cleaning. It's cheaper. I use it on the counters, floors and add it to laundry. The scent leaves quickly. Though it does'nt bother me.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Thanks, kids for all these wonderful, practical hints.

• poppers
    poppers

Make sure you don't drink it straight because it's much too strong and can burn the esophegus. I mix 1 Tbsp with 10 ounces of water, and that's still plenty strong. I've been taking it twice daily, and have noticed in addition to suppressing my appetite it keeps my sinuses clear. And rinse your mouth afterwards to help keep your tooth enamel intact. By the way, Heinz does make a raw unpastureized unfiltered version that has the "mother". However, they don't use organic apples like Bragg's does.

• steve2
    steve2

Here's a nice way to drink it - daily, first thing in the morning:

Mix 3 tablespoons ACV, 1/2 teaspoon melted honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice in glass of chilled water.

Do brush teeth afterwards because the ACV and honey are not kind to enamel on teeth.

This is a health tonic without equal - as well as aiding digestion, its astringent properties reduce the incidence and severity of urinary tract infections.

• Gregor
    Gregor

What is the acid percentage ? Regular vinegar is 5 percent.

• Gregor
    Gregor

What is the acid percentage ? Regular vinegar is 5 percent.

• poppers
    poppers

ACV acid percentage is 5 %, Gregor.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

caroline77 ... I made the same mistake your father did the first time I tried it. I put two tablespoons into a cup, put it up to my mouth and took a breath just before I was about to drink it ... my esophagus closed right up, couldn't breathe at all ... as others have said DILUTE it! Learned from experience

• steve2
    steve2

ACV can induce vomitting if taken neat.

To every 3 tablespoons in a glass of water, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and halt a teaspoon of melted honey. A very delicious and healthy tonic. And brush teeth after drinking because of the honey and the acidic properties of the vinegar.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Interesting topic because I also know those who swear by cider vinegar's health benefits. But ...

And brush teeth after drinking because of the honey and the acidic properties of the vinegar.

While neutralizing the acid and sugar effects on your teeth is a good thing, this needs to be borne in mind ...

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/01/dont-brush-eating-acidic-food.html

One caveat to brushing after you eat is if you’ve eaten an acidic food or drink – for example, orange juice. Avoid brushing your teeth for at least 30 minutes after acidic foods and beverages. These acids weaken tooth enamel, and brushing too soon can cause damage to the enamel.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323623304579059222363886720

Timing Your Teeth Brushing
    When It May Be Better to Rinse and Wait ...

... Acid demineralizes and weakens the tooth surface, making it more prone to decay.

Scrubbing with a toothbrush can actually encourage the process, according to a study published in the journal General Dentistry in 2004. "When you want to make etched glass, you apply an acid or an abrasive and scratch it—that is what happens if you drink a sports drink or a soda, or even wine, and brush right after," says Dr. Cole. If you wait 30 minutes, however, "the saliva in your mouth will naturally bring the acid down to a more neutral pH and not rub acidic substances in."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit