Chile and the flag: It's true!! Undeniable evidence!!

by ILoveTTATT 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

"Mother" flaps the UN flag at UN NGO Bethel for 24 years, so a Chile flag is ok at the hall. Bethel also likes the UN white and blue color theme for their JWORG flag. One or two more idols in the JW pantheon of Bethel idols is ok with the "Boys from Bethel".

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

thank for posting these photos.

looking up wikipedia it says that the fine is up to 40,000 pesos (US$80) but none the less its still compromising their/our polictical neutrality.

it seems that Peru has a very similar thing with the Fiestas Patrias during the month July and its obligitory for homes, offices buildings, public and private institutions, schools and restaurants to fly the flag.

i wonder if kingdom halls in Peru compromise in a similar fashion.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Hey! Hello there, finally after 2 years of being lurking here I decided register and post! Maybe in a while I'll write down my story as it seems to be the custom hehehe... Well, I'm from Chile and the flag thing is 100% true, and happened in every congregation I've been, this year I tried to see from the Metro Elevated Railway if there were a flag in the local Bethel but it seemed "clean"... But I can tell from my 15+ years of experience that the vast majority of Halls have their own flag and it's usually stored in the "Elders room"... Anyone else from Chile in here?

• hoser
    hoser

834 congregations in Chile $220 per fine would be $183,480 per year to pay the fines and remain no part of the world that they always talk about so much.

Canada Branch has 60 million dollars in cash and long term investments in 2013. They earned close to 2.2 million dollars interest on their investments.

They have the money to pay the fine, they just dont want to.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Is there really a compromise of beliefs here? JWs can argue the fact that they don't bow down or salute the Chile flag, or sing the national anthem while hoisting the flag. Technical justifications you know...

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

The law stablishes that if you don't have a proper mast for the flag it can be hanged in the window, but it's absolutely MANDATORY to have the flag in September 18 and 19 and May 21 (Navy's Glories Day), they can fine you even for wrong-hanging the flag, it should be put as in the image bellow. The fines can range from approximately $80 to $450 USD, and the process is similar to the one of a driving ticket (the fine can be subject to what a Local Judge defines within that range)...

• hoser
    hoser

@ ProfCNJ

If I put up a flag pole in my front yard and flew the Canadian flag would I be disfellowshipped?

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

The most usual justification you hear from the BOE's it's something like or containing this lines:

Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Mandrake, it is very nice to meet you.

If you would like, you could start a new thread and tell us a bit about yourself. Only what you feel comfortable with. If you want to edit or delete anything you write you have 30 minutes once you hit the submit button. There is a little yellow pencil in the upper right hand corner for that very use.

Take care and Welcome to JWN.

LL

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

hi mandrake,

if you are still posting things next year and if you are able, some nice compromising photos of kingdoms halls in Chile would be of great interest to others.

taken discretely, of course :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit