Reinstatement via Old Cong.

by startingover13 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks for the update.

SO13: Still no word.

Typical.

SO13: I figure by now the two bodies have communicated with each other.

Don't count on it! I one time waited over a month, called the elders in my hall only to find out that:

1. They had NOT heard back from the elders in the other congregation, and
    2. I was not showing a "good attitude" by asking. (Fuckers)

SO13: I'm simply waiting.

It's possible that the elders are merely inconsiderate of your anxiety, but I personally think some of them take secret delight in putting DF'd people off.

• donnye
    donnye

StartingOver13 - Be patient. Of course they will re-instate you. Your old congregation elders will deal with your new elder's questions as soon as it is humanely possible. Elder's are up to their neck in paperwork - always have been.

I was privately reproved once and was not allowed to answer up at the meetings. After 6 months I approached the elders about being allowed to answer up again. It was 2 more months before they OK'd it. Part of the discipline is being humble enough to wait. What's the rush?

Would love to hear from you when your re-instatement is through.

• donnye
    donnye

StartingOver13 - Be patient. Of course they will re-instate you. Your old congregation elders will deal with your new elder's questions as soon as it is humanely possible. Elder's are up to their neck in paperwork - always have been.

I was privately reproved once and was not allowed to answer up at the meetings. After 6 months I approached the elders about being allowed to answer up again. It was 2 more months before they OK'd it. Part of the discipline is being humble enough to wait. What's the rush?

• donnye
    donnye

• donnye
    donnye

Three for emphasis LOL

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I always feel sad when reading threads like this - people like StartingOver13 so desperate to get back into the good graces of the organisation that has abused them so badly, having to suffer miserably while waiting. This just shows how effective the mind control and shunning system is. My wife was the same while waiting to be reinstated - so stressed and miserable and then when it happened she was so happy until the reality of "never being good enough" set in and she became miserable again. The people who devised and maintain this system are total b@st@rds.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Frazzled: The people who devised and maintain this system are total b@st@rds.

Yes they are.

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

Theron: [ before raping Queen Gorgo in 300 ] This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Speedracer

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

What if you hadn't bother to tell the new congo that you were a witness and pretended to be a "new person?" and studied like someone who had never been a witness? Would they somehow have a "background" check done on you?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, probably he/she will want their family and congregation to know that they're reinstated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit