Reinstatement via Old Cong.

by startingover13 66 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

A brother I used to know was df'ed for something back in the 50's, that in the 60's changed, but the df'ing congregation would not reinstate him. In the 70's, he packed and went to Brooklyn, and came back, with a letter, saying to treat him as if he had never been df'ed in the first place. That the original issue had been a oversight on the wt's part dealing with reasons to be df'ed back in the 50's.

Dwain

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Obliette ~ Thank you for posting the information on reinstatement. I wonder, as in my case, if the elders on my df'ing committee are still alive/active/apostate/df'd. I have since moved to a different state and have requested reinstatement about 10 times since I was df'd 17 years ago. My request goes no where because my husband always asks the elders I meet with if they are going to do anything about the pedophile that molested my sons. That pedophile is still an elder, by the way. Soooooooooooo, in other words, I guess I will have to wait a little bit longer. Sooooooo, StartingOver, don't be upset, I'm sure you won't have to wait as long as I have.

AB

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

It is really sad to see how someone can be abused by this process and then want to go back for more abuse. I do understand there are those that can not handle not talking to their families but my goodness do the research and open your eyes to the lies they are telling.

GC what is the point of you being here, I don't see how you can in good consciense report time on here. You are instructed by your "leaders" to not even go on these sites and you surely are not helping us with bible knowledge in any way. You are here to ruffle feathers but all you are doing is showing your true colors. I would never respect you as a "brother" when I was in because of your actions. You sit in judgement of others as if you are perfect but yet you are on here with a group of "apostates"! You are such a hypocrite. I have never told someone on a site what I think of them but you come across as so arrogant. You think it is fun to push people's buttons who have been abused by the WTBT$, this shows your true character and it is nothing to be proud of.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Aunt Fancy ~ Thank you!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AlwaysBusy: My request goes no where because my husband always asks the elders I meet with if they are going to do anything about the pedophile that molested my sons. That pedophile is still an elder, by the way.

Why don't YOU are YOUR HUSBAND do something about it?

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Oubliette ~ I tried 17 years ago... at that time I was married to a different man. My husband, at that time, worked with the elder, who was good friends with hubby and our family. The young man who was raped was engaged to a girl in our kingdom hall. Her family was afraid to do anything, and really didn't know what to do. The young man's family came down from the state they lived in to talk with the elders, the boy was blamed, so no action was taken on that side. My oldest son told me what happened to him, but my youngest son wouldn't talk. I warned every parent with young sons, in my hall and in others and only one family believed me. Everyone else looked at me as if I was crazy. The elder was removed as an elder, but nothing else happened to him. There were special needs talks on gossip and disfellowshipping warnings. My husband didn't believe me when I told him of the elder molesting our sons. He didn't do a thing...not one thing. My son begged me not to go to the police...he couldn't handle it. He was a young boy and embarrassed and afraid. The man I am married to now was not there and is not a witness so no one gives a shitte what he says except me. Do you think it was easy for me, a woman alone, no family who were Witnesses or any family or friends that could/would help me. Everyone afraid of being df'd or shunned! No one believing that a goody-goody elder could harm someone! People running to the elders saying I was gossiping! One boy, only one boy thanked me. We were at an assembly and he came up to me and hugged me and thanked me for telling his parents. I confronted the elder and threatened his life. I was df'd. My husband divorced me. What more do you want?

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

THis is something I really, really hate...the Judging.....the infernal judging that never ends. why? why? why? Many Ex-JWs are as judgemental and pious as JWs. And I defend you... I won't do it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit