Reinstatement via Old Cong.

by startingover13 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gustv, I am sure you will consider it a good and just process up to the day you get booted. No justice can be served behind closed doors. It is too easy to corrupt the process. There is a reason that biblical justice was done in public at the city gates, and there is a reason that secular courts are public. There must be a perception of fairness in order to maintain faith in the process.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I tried to get reinstated. After being disf'd, I continued to attend all of the meetings, for years, wrote my reinsatement letter to the GB and had numerous meetings with the Elders. I had moved, so they had to contact my previous kingdom hall, and ... guess what? My publisher's card had disappeared, so it has been 17 years waiting to be reinstated. My husband is ill so now we listen to the meetings on the phone tie-in. I had two Elder's visits this last month telling me they contacted Bethel for my card, and were sent a copy. I thought this was something they could have done 16 years ago, but, who am I? Of course all of the elders on my JC are either dead, df'd or have left, at least that's what the elders told me, which is true, I'm sure. Soooooo, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you are wanting to be reinstated, you will have to be patient, very patient. Live your life, go to the meetings, study the bible, say your prayers, and just be prepared to wait and attend more Elder meetings until they've had enough. Seriously... You are going to have to be patient and wait on them. In the mean time, enjoy your life, If you have a hobby pursue it. It's not a sin to enjoy music, or nature, sports, whatever it is. Incorporate something pleasant into your life, so the waitning isn't such torture. Don't let the waiting bring you down or make you anxious. It's something everyone has to do to get reinstated. I've been going to the kingdom hall for 61 years, so I know what I'm talking about. Peace

• jgnat
    jgnat

OMG, AlwaysBusy, that has got to be some sort of record!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Did the man with the prodigal son make him wait 17 years before he had a feast and welcomed him back with open arms?

After 17 years why would you want to go back?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Don't worry. They are simply following what the bible says; you know that passage that speaks about forgiving another brother that says you need to contact the old congregation after waiting 6 months. You know...right in the uhhh book of uhhh umm .. nevermind.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Okay, sorry to ask the obvious question here, but why bother going through all the hassel of getting re-instated? Is it because of family or something?

• Tech49
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

Why do you want to go back??? To subjugate yourself to more mind control, field service and bullshit literature. You are worth more than that.

Don't go there.

• bigmac
    bigmac

this thread is sooo funny. it seems the OP is in the wrong website--so go to J-Worg---they will give you the answer you want---or not--as the case may be.

• Listener
    Listener

I don't understand why you would want to go back either and put yourself in the position of being subjet to the elders whims.

Why are their decisions made behind closed doors and why can't they be open with you about where you stand instead of leaving you on the edge of you seat? This is not a loving arrangement and the fact that they are doing this to you shows the control the excercise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit