Reinstatement via Old Cong.

by startingover13 66 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover13
    startingover13

I've applied to be reinstatement in a new city after attending meetings for a bit. I wrote my letter and they heard my case. They were very helpful. They told me to wait outside while they reached a decision. When I came back in the room, they thanked me for coming to them, and told me that they needed to contact my old congregation to get the 411 from them. They told me to continue to do what I'm doing and that they would get in contact with me for further instructions/direction. What does this mean? Is it a rejection? Are they putting me on standby until they talk with my old congregation JC? I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out. If it was a 'yes' would they have told me right then? This is my first time doing all this, so I'm lost.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Simply put, the congregation that disfellowshipped you has to be the one to reinstate you. They will forward their decision to your old congregation and if they decide to reinstate you then they will let you know. If they don't decide then you will have to try again later.

• startingover13
    startingover13

I guess all I can do is wait. Thanks

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am sorry you are going through this process. I feel the whole RI ment process is unscriptural and causes pain and suffering.

I hope you feel better soon, my thoughts are with you.

Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What "WFB" has stated is accurate.

Often they will slip up and tell you they are recommending reinstatement but they are supposed to remain hush hush, since it really comes down to what they original committee in the old Cong says.

Some things that influence these decisions are:

How many elders from the original committee are still available to make this decision? If they' have died or moved or are no longer serving as elders there, then different elders (who may not even know you) will have to decide. New elders will likely "defer" to elders from the original committee who are still there. If any of those elders have an "axe to grind" with you, it's not likely they will reinstate you on the 1st request.

How long have you been DFd? Getting reinstated in less than one year just doesn't happen anymore. The Branch has been riding them hard about being too "forgiving" with "unrepentant" sinners.

How long have you been attending meetings at the new Cong? "For a bit" is a little vague. Reinstatement typically will not happen after attending for just a couple months. Expect at least 6 months to "observe" your actions. Have your WT highlighted in multiple colors. SING to be heard. Be the obedient, repentant little sheep who is full of remorse over damaging your relationship with Jehovah.

PM if you have any specific questions.

Good luck,

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

StartingOver: When I came back in the room, they thanked me for coming to them, and told me that they needed to contact my old congregation to get the 411 from them.

It means the elders in your current congregation believe you are repentant and recommend your reinstatement, but according to WTBTS policy the elders in your prior hall--the one where you were disfellowshipped--get the final say. And they may say no.

How can Holy Spirit move one body of elders to recommend your reinstatement and another to reject it? There is only one answer and it does not bode well for WT "theology."

I hope you get what you want.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd like to see you free from this:

"What does this mean? Is it a rejection? I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out. ... so I'm lost."

Really, this whole process does not deserve your anxiety. It's not just, it's not swift, and it will never make sense. Find a way to be content whether you are reinstated or not.

Hubby waited months for his field service cards to be transferred from one congregation to the other. It turns out that elders aren't always in a big hurry to talk to each other. Remember, this whole process is out of your control.

I love the story of Harrison Ford showing up at auditions in his carpenter's clothes. He needed to eat and if Hollywood wasn't going to cast him, he could always build cabinets. Rare for Hollywood, Harrison gave off an air that he didn't need them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/harrison-ford-han-solo_n_2097347.html

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Startingover13,

They are following procedure to find out the real reason why you got kicked out, all the preliminaries that led to your exit.

These days is quite difficult to get booted out. They really try all avenues to provide help and not disfellowship; the person has to refuse all options and practically tell the body of elders they just do not want to be a JW anymore.

So, why would you want back in really?!

GC

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

KW,

Once wolves get found out, it's all about keeping them out. It is a good and just process.

And always remember: If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!

GC

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It's just like, today if you have served as an elder or ms in another congration, and stopped serving in that one, before you can be reapointed in a diffrent one, the new one has to contact the last one you served in, to get the poop on the scoop! I have been in. I have been in 5 differnt once sine asking to be deleted some time back!!

If it's what you really want, I hope you the best luck!!!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit