Jehovah's Witnesses 2015 Regional Convention Saturday PM experience parents shunning children

by Watchtower-Free 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Lately, I have the feeling that my dad is avoiding me. He does not want to tell me that he needs to shun me as he is, has been, unable to explain this using his bible and arguments provided by the watchtower.

He often talks fondly about his own mother and I wonder what he would have thought of her if she had shunned him for leaving the Catholics. I wonder if he ever asked himself that question.

• steve2
    steve2

On a self-empowering note:

Let every single unbaptized child in the audience hearing the Sutton's talk fully realize that child-baptism will "entitle" them to the "loving provision" of being shunned by Mom and Dad should they dare to leave the organization.

The irony of this talk occurring during the "Imitate Jesus" convention makes the Sutton's religious blackmail all the more disgusting.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    As we all know these convention experiences go thru a lot of editing and redaction so that they express not the true but what furthers the interest of the WT corporation. Every thing is manipulation and seemingly personal experiences have a power to promote conformity among the heard mentality that exist within the fold.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Do these people even hear what is coming out of their mouths?

Their child didn't come back because of Jehovah. She came back because she was emotionally blackmailed by WT via her family.

FUN FACT: my wife was at this convention. In fact, she sat across from AMIII one of the days! We also know the guy conducting the interview.

• steve2
    steve2

The Suttons are in excellent company. If there had been Regional Conventions back in Abraham's day, he would be on the platform to talk about his stirring example of being prepared to kill his son, Isaac, upon Jehovah God's command.

What fine, uplifting examples the Suttons and Abraham are!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Ecan6 It's a great point you make about not being shunned by our families of other religions, from which we converted. Personally my parents were not very happy about me studying with JWs at 16, getting baptized at 18, giving up a university place and marrying a JW at 19. But they've always been supportive, even respecting our stand on Xmas and birthdays over the years. My husbands family was staunch catholic, they weren't happy either with his religious conversion but they have respected it. Both sides have supported us, helped us out financially and in other ways over the years. The congregation has certainly never replaced them.

And yet now I'm supposed to believe that a religion which encourages parents to emotionally blackmail, cut off, ignore and isolate their children is 'the truth' , with its oh so obvious identifying mark of love and that its superior to those we left, don't think so.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

Sick. I had to step away from my desk after this one. How can this type of treatment EVER be called love? I agree that this is abusive. Emotional abuse at its finest.

My nephew was baptized at the age of 8 (maybe 10) years old. He is born in and is in a foreign language congregation. He barely understands the language and cannot even hold a conversation in the language. But he was baptized at an early age. Now that he has 'sinned', he was reproved, almost df. He potentially could of lost contact with his entire family because of a decision that was made for him when he was 8 years old.

This religion is sick. It entraps people into servitude. You can never leave without at least some consequence. Just like the picture said.. Why wasn't I told that I could lose my entire family if I got baptized?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I wonder what Fun Friday was like. Glad these two Yahoos were not my parents.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

How loving a provision Jehovah has made through his loving organisation to lovingly cut off your children if they choose not to follow the JW org. Only a god of love and a loving organisation could come up with such utter heartless crap.

The end result is what the JW org is already getting: a loveless cult full of uneducated suckers who only attend out of being shown conditional love. Very sad.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

What if their kid never came back and the couple grew old and needed support because of old age and poor health. The WTS sure as hell wouldn't take care of them. They would be out looking for the DF kid to step in and take care of their sorry asses.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit