by chukky 594 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Read the following books first:

Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

In Search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan

Look at the website: www.jwfacts.com

Besides...this might not be the same organization you remember...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Here's a reason.....

it's a cult!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hi

Been out now for 10 yrs but life is a mess. Starting to think its because I have no spiritual compass. Why shouldn't I consider going back?

God wants you to take control of YOUR life, not have someone do it for you.

You wont' be able to say to Christ, " I was doing what the elders told me..." or "I followed what the elders or GB said because I thought they were your messengers on Earth", and get away with doing what in your heart you know is wrong. There is no excuse you can give that will obsolve you under God.

You want structure? you want guidance? then Ask Christ, ask you you shall receive because it is up to YOU and no one else.

Don't let anyone take the palce of Christ in your life, there is NO mediator between Man and Christ.

God WANTS that PERSONAL relationship with you, you just have to want it to.

• Perry
    Perry

I understand. My life got worse while I was still in. After leaving it still went downhill. After sorta surrendering to Jesus, and going to a traditional bible-believing church, I totally surrendered to Christ. I just could not do life on my own anymore. I gave it my best shot and in reality it just wasn't enough. It was difficult in admitting that. But that was the turning point.

No more running faster, jumping higher & trying harder. I got born-again - the real deal, & left the rest up to Jesus. Life steadily got better and better, but slowly at first. It's now been 9 years and it still is getting better in every area: personal ethics and morality, found a nice wife - had two kids later in life, family life is awesome, finances, happiness etc.

The difference was a personal relationship with Jesus, not Jehovah.

This has been my experience.

• designs
    designs

What are your interests- philanthropy, the arts, the environment, children's education, hunger, medical cures. So many avenues to explore. The Wt. will never be involved in or support any of these types of endeavours...

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I reccommend you get professional counseling from a therapist that's familiar with cults. On Steve Hassan's website (www.freedomofmind.com) there are resources for you to find help.

You're in a difficult situation, but there are better ways to handle it than by returning to a dangerous mind control cult.

• happy@last
    happy@last

They will control you. Have you been in control of your life since you left or did nothing fill the void? why did you leave in the first place? I say don't go back as you will never again be able to make a decision for yourself if you do.

• Terry
    Terry

THOUGHT CRIME

It is only possible inside Jehovah's Witnesses.

THEFT of REALITY

Not being able speak about how things are because an alternate 'reality' has been imposed.

THEFT of TIME

You lifetime is brief. If you spend it on meaningless distribution of changeable propaganda, you'll reach

the end of your life with nothing to show for the time spent, but shattered promises of pie-in-the-sky.

CONTAMINATION of other PEOPLE'S MINDS

Do you really want to ruin other people's lives? Look at the stack of books and magazines distributed by

the Jehovah's Witless and ask yourself if there is any LASTING VALUE in any of it.

44 million copies of THE TRUTH THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE were distributed from 1968 to 1975.

SO WHAT?? The event predicted in that book was totally bogus. It was false prophecy!

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT KIND OF UNETHICAL DISTRIBUTION?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If life is a mess it may not have the slightest thing to do with 'spirituallity'. I don't know what you mean when you talk about a mess and it's really none of my business.

Many JWs are in a mess but they put up a front and pretend it isn't.

Each to their own. You gotta follow your heart.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is a "spiritual compass" please ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit