Give me a reason not to go back

by chukky 594 77 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

wait...slimboyfat went back to jdub land? please explain. and are people being sarcastic when telling the OP to go back and just work on a personal relationship with jehovah?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

a Watcher isn't being sarcastic, he is a believing JW.
    And as for slimboyfat..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/265690/1/Goodbye-JWD-JWN-my-last-post#.VAEK5l2t-o8

• Paris
    Paris

I like that Sarah "nightschool is your new KH" Perfect. Going to classes full time is pioneering. University is Bethel.

And it leads you to enlightenment which is somewhere the WT will never take you or allow you to go.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Paris hit it on the money! School,school,school,and more school.

Without a higher education, I doubt in five to ten years you will be able to keep up in the job market.

And Wt wants to keep people lacking in education.

Yes,some are going to college but not the majority!

Try to find a religion with pro education and people who will give you a positive feed back if you need spiritual up lifting.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

chukky 594, it would be really nice to hear from you, just to let us know how you are going on and if you have read any of this..
    Of course, your final decision is none of our business, but any feedback would be great. If we didn't care, we wouldn't post :)

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

At significant risk of seeming like the worst troll, I must say the following:

10 years out and still can't pull it together? WOW! Please don't go back for the wrong reasons; get the help you precise and make a good life for yourself. I mean, you had excellent reasons to leave it all behind 10 years ago, right? Have those reasons changed/evolved?

I can only imagine you going back and fitting the bill of so many I already see inside the congregations; the ones that for some psychological reason or such cannot get their act together, people that BUY their own problems at any cost, and then they start pushing fault onto the Org/elders, etc. and becoming a heavy burden on everyone. So many inside the congs already, really there's no need for more.

Continue seeking the happiness you left for 10 years ago.

GC

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've never had the opportunity to have a do-over, for instance, repair all the social mistakes I made in high school. Time and life is one direction. I suggest rather than trying to recapture something that can't be had, work on how you can change the present.

• chukky 594
    chukky 594

Thanks for all your comments, really appreciate them. I know that returning to the Watchtower is not the answer but I sometimes get 'sad days', when I look at my life. Yes I do have anger issues and drink too much and I think that I,ve been blaming this on a lack of spirituality rather than the damage that the watchtower has inflicted on me. I think that I just needed someone to reinforce my reasons not to go back.

Chukky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit