Give me a reason not to go back

by chukky 594 77 Replies latest jw friends

• chukky 594
    chukky 594

Hi

Been out now for 10 yrs but life is a mess. Starting to think its because I have no spiritual compass. Why shouldn't I consider going back?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you need to be babied with your life, have people telling you what to believe vs spiritual freedom, if you are unable to get your life in order on it's own or meet people, if you love the controlling and worship the gb insist upon, then by all means go right on back.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

You can also visit other churches as well, other churches and religions, clubs, organizations.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Chukky 584 I'm in the EXACT same position as you. My life has been steadily getting worse since I left 7 years ago. I have one foot back in the door as I have been attending meetings for the past few weeks and it's already making a difference. I think you should go back. Having structure and a spiritual compass in your life can only help.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Have you looked into Unitarian universalism? No control or guilt trips from what I gather.. if you need help.

• defender of truth
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Having structure is important. Having integrity and an internal rational compass is also crucial. The ability to accompish those things are not exclusivly through the watchtower, in fact the watchtowerf takes the personal ability to accomplish any of those things. The structure is created to further the corperations interests. The spiritual compass? If you take it upon yourself to learn what the bible says without the watchtower spin, if you really look at the a actions of those around you, what do you see? Look with a critical eye as Jesus taught .

ose

• sir82
    sir82

What exactly is it about the JWs that will make your life better?

Assuming the answer has something to do with religion, why JWs and not a different one, one that doesn't manipulate & abuse its members?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Geting up earliy to g oout in service, especially on cold, wet days and holidays.

People who will drop you at the drop of a hat if you get DF'd. My parent is a DF'd JW. Faithful and baptized over 45 years. DF'd in February, now facing a rare cancer alone. The neighbor, who is worldly also is facing cancer-he is getting tons of visitors from his church and organizations he was part of over the years. My parent is getting abosolutely none.

Explain the 1914 generation to yourself, starting with the first incarnation and ending with the latest.

Aiding pedophiles and punishing the victims when they act out their damaged emotions.....

• a watcher
    a watcher

Go back, Chukky, while you still have time. Nurture a personal relationship with Jehovah. Don't let imperfect JW's stumble you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit