The King of the North is getting Angry...

by rhodesboy 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

Russia is to blame))) What nonsense ..

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is absolutely no correlation between the end times and any contemporary event. I read Elaine Pagels book concerning Revelation this past year. John of Patmos was a lousy prophet. Within a few years of completing Revelation, Rome became the sponsor of Christians. Bishops in exile and persecution were living in expensive and luxurious palaces. I believe John wrote for his time. He had no prophecy. God does not give humans prophecy. One can see general foreign policy drifts from reading a cheap daily newspaper.

World alliances are affected by economic and social forces. Natural resources play a part. The Central Intelligence Agency is a better prophet than John. If you are interested in world affairs, I refer you to the CIA's website. The Economist, a British magazine, Foreign Affairs and Foreign Pollicy. The Council on Foreign Relations in NY is an important factor. I lived by the State Department in DC. If you visit, you will find ordinary people. Well, ordinary may not be accurate. Bible characters don't walk around.

The WT has a bad sense of history and forecasting world affairs.

• kaik
    kaik

Rubbish theory. China and Russia are NOT allies. I remember during communist times when everyone hoped that China will defeat USSR and will take over Siberia. For Russians, China until 1985 was one the most dangerous place to visit. China plays its own role and will not itself manipulate by Russia. Russia is nowhere near to be a superpower. Its economy is the size of Italy and have very low export turnover which is made mostly of commodities. Europe depends somewhat on Russian energy, but EU is much diversified, having access to oil and gas from all over the world. Soviets, and Russia did invade its neighbor in the past 200 years and EVERY capital of Europe east of Paris was some point occuppied by Russia and USSR since 1800. So did every Slavic capital. There is not new. I used to walk to school as boy with Russian and Soviet troops pointing their machine guns to us in in post 1968 Czechoslovakia for the next 20 years.

Western Europe does not care about Eastern Europe or Ukraine, and actually they would be delighted if Russia will take everything east of Germany. It is not for nothing when NYT said that Germany is Russian butt-boy and Germans are in love with them. War at Ukraine is actually weaking Russia even more as it lost control over country of 45 millions. Take into consideration of Moldavia, Georgia and unpredictable Central Asia, Russian influence is wanning since 1980's and has less alllies than USSR.

King of North is nothing more than speculation. Daniel could not write anything about Christians as they did not live in his lifetime. It could only mean Jews. However, both Russia and Western world has good diplomatic relationship with Israel than there are not fitting your description. 1/6 of Israel's citizens have birthplace in Russia. USA, UK, Italy and Germany have also good relationship with them. So anyone who tries to model Daniel's nonsense with modern world needs to at least make an effort to understand a bit about it.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

The bible says donkeys, well really, asses, could talk. Should we listen?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@Band on the Run The John who wrote Revelation was not OF the Island of Patmos. That designation was given to him in later centuries. We do know that we was on Patmos at some point (Rev. 1:9). Chances were that he was a slave taken prisoner from the Jerusalem area and traveled through Asia Minor where, upon seeing Christians comfortable with the very Roman power which enslaved him, he wrote letters to the congregations in that area... and a REVELATION. He could have been on Patmos at the time of writing, or it could have been a slave stop-over. Most likely it wasn't an "exile" scenario outside being exiled from Jerusalem (not because of being a Christian). This is also noted in how Revelation is written in really terrible Greek... barely literate.

The "Beast" of Revelation referred to Rome. And this was apparently common among the followers because in the Letter of Ignatius he also refers to Rome as "the beast." You are correct... he had no prophecy in Revelation... he was writing about what WAS... not about what will be.

This all applies to Daniel as well. The book claims to be written in the 500s BCE, but it seems to be written around 187 BCE making it the last of the Old Testament documents to be written... and the writings projected PAST events AS IF it were prophesy. The reason why historians say it was written around 167 is because Daniel, in his four visions, gets everything correct in history... up until the year 164. What he foretold and what happened take a diversion.

King of the North is Seleucid Empire and the King of the South would be some Ptolemy under one of the Ptolemaic Dynasty. His predictions about Ethiopia and Libya were completely wrong (Daniel 11:43), and where he alluded to the Maccabean Revolt, he fails to mention that in 164 BCE Judas Maccabeus re-took Jerusalem and was able to cleanse the temple. This was a MAJOR deal... so much so, the celebration of the temple reconsecration is what we now know today as Hanukkah.

So to following either of these books as WORDS OF PROPHECY is purposefully taking a dive off a cliff into shallow water. The words didn't hold up in their own time, let alone for us 2000 years later... and they STILL cannot be read with any clarity. At what point do you look at someone who says, "No, wait! NOW I have the correct answer!! Trust in me!!" and believe them?

At what point after two millenia do you just say "Look, there are only a finite number of words here in print. If you haven't figured it out by now, there's PROBABLY NOTHING TO FIGURE OUT."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think that it is a bit arrogant to think that of all of human history that some believe theirs to be the chosen generation where all these prophesies line up for fulfillment.

What is so special about this time?

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Can I take a shoot? Here we go (even in the new Borg style of: simple & brutish - which is the new fashion among WT-Bible-Theologists!)

The North. North is clearly NORTH America. Why? Because it says a KING (male) and Canada has a Queen. Also Canada is too cold for horses. Moving on. The true King of the North sits on unmeasurable wealth. I think he even has a franchise. Therefore this is the true King of the North:

King of the North

Now, because old chap Daniel mentioned also the King of the South, we believe and assume in a factual way that this represents the invasion of Mexicans into the US:

Mexicans

Los Reyes del Sur (could be a a good name for a Ranchera group) are clearyly preparing an attack to take all the jobs that the King of the North has to offer! The King of the South is Mexico (because, ehm, it is south from the North and also because I say so)

In the following video you can see how such an attack could look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryDND06LHU

Please go back to the Bunker to read your Bible and eat your rice bowl. Thank you.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I suppose Loonys of every ilk will still be fiddling with stuff from a two-thousand year old book and trying to apply it to their day in 200 years time ?

This has been going on for two thousand years or more. "Scripture", used as prophecy, was mis-used then, and ever since.

But maybe there is hope, perhaps Education will triumph, and the whole human race will realise what a load of nonsense all this stuff is.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Canada is NOT too cold for horses.

But inquiring minds want to know... is Stephen Harper the King of the North?

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Heaven: You filthy apostate! How do you dare to doubt my interpretation? This was whispered to my ear by an angel with a sweet voice and a 36DD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit