The King of the North is getting Angry...

by rhodesboy 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane

Prologos unfortunately economics wasn't my major but I think todays financial climate is different to the '30's' in that nations (USA and allies) are burdened with astronomical amounts of debt.

So you aren't an expert in economics, but we should listen to your explanation of economics and the Bible?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So you aren't an expert in economics, but we should listen to your explanation of economics and the Bible?

See...I told you rhodesboy is a Bethel Baby posting here on his lunch break. He has WT written all over him.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Rhodesboy said:
    "Here are some of my musings...I am confident this is plausible....I believe that verses 40 through 43 are...I believe Russia and her allies...Russia and her allies could...If Russia feels...she may...tensions between Russia and Ukraine stoked by Western interference could provoke...The possibility exists that...could be attacked and invaded if Russia..."etc. (lost the will to live by that point)

Go back and count these words in your post: could, possible, may, if.
    Did you really come here expecting that anyone would care what your incredibly vague, dull, and unfounded speculations on future events are? In that massive block of text, you haven't actually said ANYTHING. Please don't waste our time in future.

Rhodesboy said: "In my opinion, it’s possible that global war will break out in 2017 or shortly thereafter but maybe it starts this year (2014) and is a protracted affair lasting several years."
    Ooh, be careful. Making such bold and specific claims could really leave you looking silly if they don't come true.(!)
    In my opinion, it's possible that I could get hit by lightning before I read your next post. And I'm not sure which event would be less painful..

"I feel it is unwise to speculate on who Edom, Moab and the Ammonites are –...However, it is possible these foreshadow modern day European countries that escape the reach of the invading Russian forces (Spain or Northern Europe) or in a Middle East context, allies of the United States such as Saudi Arabia and Iraq."
    Read this part back to yourself and imagine that someone else wrote it. What would you think of their state of mind, seriously?
    Speculating seems to be an obsession for you, you are so unwell that you can't stop it.

Rhodesboy said:
    "Your constructive criticism is welcome."

Very well. Your spelling and grammar seems to be fairly good, but you may need to work on getting a hobby, leaving the house more and making new friends. How's that for constructive?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, who again is the king of the north? Has the watchtower decided who is the current KON? Is is Russia or Iran or the ISIS countries? Or may be the BRIC countries?

I have not heard, so given this is a topic of the KON, the first thing we need to define is - who are we talking about?

• tornapart
    tornapart

Although I believe in God and the bible etc. I think all this speculation is pretty pointless. As Searcher said Jesus told us we wouldn't know the day or hour.

Personally I've had enough of the WTS speculating about this sort of thing and getting it all wrong. How do we know that Daniel wasn't applying this prophecy to 70AD?

Why don't you get out and enjoy life now while it's still pretty peaceful? There'll be time enough to worry about things if things start getting bad (as they have in other countries). Why spend your life worrying about what might or might not happen in your lifetime? You may be dead long before anything bad happens and you'll have wasted all that time! Get out and enjoy life!!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

1. The King of the North had immediate application with Alexander the Great. Any application beyond that is pure speculation and can go in any number of directions depending on what one chooses to believe. There is no right answer here.

2. The four main visions of Daniel all explain the SAME THING, just in different aspects. So if you need help interpreting one vision, you should read the other three as they all describing the same events.

3, Putting more effort into interpreting something than the writer took to write it is normal... to a point. To need THIS level of explaination for just a few verses is a little... lopsided. If an explaination takes THAT much effort, you might consider the possibility that you are reading WAY more into it than needed.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Rhodes boy, read the book of ezekiel, and focus on the chapters I 'think' around 37 to 42 dealing w/ gog and magog. There is a very detailed account of a war w/ literal israel. Compare those w/ the scriptures you listed and with potentially Jew vs Muslim and with recent world events.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

All this Biblical speculation pinpoints my view that obsessing about what is said in some 2000 year-old book is a total waste of time. Since before the time of CTR, JWs have been predicting things that never happened or were later changed into revised predictions. What proof do we have that the Bible is anything more than a patched-together screed that is the result of the writers' fevered imaginations? Name ONE JW prediction that has EVER come true. Why spend our limited time on Earth obsessing about what the Bible says? It has no basis in concrete reality. Live Life in present time!

• Pterist
    Pterist

If you are a preterist its all over, except king entropy having its final say.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Rhodesboy,

You may go down as another Joe in history that looks at what they percieve this week through economics, culture, shifting of world power, what world power really is, and more.......to come up with a theory on prophecy that conveniently will occur in your lifetime, or even soon.

The truth is the governing body can't explain what it is the governing body teches anymore. They have forbidden college, forbidden apologetics, and the ones of faith that did this and even set up defense of JW beliefs in the late 90's and early 2000's, are either getting too old, or have left the organization themselves.

There is such a thing as over-analyzing. In addition, if you are a Christian, to seek for that which does not "belong to you", can in fact cause harm. As if there is an answer already there, and you can work hard to solve it. JW theology, you have to know at this point, was built by very few people. Those people are dead. Those who have taken over, tweak previous theology based on what they feel is "apparent".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit