The King of the North is getting Angry...

by rhodesboy 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

This has nothing to do with theology, about god(s).

rhodesboy, (not rhodesscholar), you say "--war will cause depression like in the 30s"? contrary, war was the one major factor that ended the great depression.

Indeptidness could cause a slump afterwards, but with a war like that, I would not worry much about the 'after'.

you have enough weasel clauses build into your work to allow for anything to happen.

It is a glorified list of all the possibilities lined up with some old texts.

scary.

• sparky1
    sparky1

BIBLICAL INTERPRETATIONS= FARCE,FOLLY,FOOLISHNESS

No one has EVER gotten any interpretation of BIBLE prophesies correct! NO ONE! EVER!

Religion is literalized metaphor and nothing more.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Someone better tell the RUSSIANS that they have a lot of heavy horse breeding to do. Also, they better reopen their chariot factories. That should help improve their economy. They are going to need millions and millions of horses to conduct a sweeping campaign across the entire EUROPEAN continent!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Rhodesboy

You spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out, but it is simply conjecture and assumption. The idea that China will partner with Russia is in a word...ludicrous. Russia can barely stand on its own economically. China has such a vested financial interest in the US that to attack the US in any way would cause irreparable damage to the stability of China. The basic problem with your theory is that you start from a JW framework. The King of the South and the King of the North may not even be politial entities. If you expect to understand anything old testament, you must begin at the beginning. Isaac and Ishmael. It all starts there and it will end there. Two religious world powers whose inception occurred at precisely the same time in history. Where the Bible speaks of Abraham offering up Isaac, the Qu'ran speaks of Abraham offering up Ishmael...polar opposites in perspective....north and south. If you believe that the Bible is true....it must begin there. It is from that point in history that these religious nations began in their conflict.

Once you plug in the distinct world view of both religious entities and their constant friction, it is not hard to substitute them for political entities. If your hypothesis starts with this model, you will begin to understand the big picture of Daniel.

Or you could simply recognize that the Bible is just a book with an allegorical message, much like Dicken's A Christmas Carol (absolutely NOTHING to do with Christmas)

For centuries people have made their lives more meaningful by expecting that the prophetic message of the Bible would be fulfilled in their lifetimes. If that is what makes gives your life meaning and purpose, then great. Others, however, recognize that our lives are only as meaningful as we make them.

SOP

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction...." (Acts 1:7)

"............because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming." (Matt. 24:44)

Pretty clear?

Not even the Glorious Ones in Brooklyn know!

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

Prologos unfortunately economics wasn't my major but I think todays financial climate is different to the '30's' in that nations (USA and allies) are burdened with astronomical amounts of debt. This must be taken into account when considering the impact a global war will have on the collective bank balance of the West. Its worth exploring... as regards the vague 'weasel' clauses, i'm working on those. Yes JW theology is my reference point but they now apply Daniel 11:40 to a future event (not the 20th century) - a year after I interpreted it as such.

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

No harm in trying Searcher

• galaxie
    galaxie

The searcher ...thank you...i was wondering who would put this misguided soul in his place.

Courtesy of the glorious ones.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

What drivel! The WBTS stated with absolute certainty during the Cold War that the Soviet Union was the King of the North and the US was King of the South. This was all shoved under the carpet when the Cold War ended - until the recent Russia/Ukraine crisis when all of sudden it is getting wheeled out again but using Russia instead of the Soviet Union.

The suggestion in the OP that: "...rather it is in fact a description of a post, Cold war period of time spanning several decades..." is blatant grasping at straws. The language is so vague and ambiguous that it could encompass countless events in human history between countless different protagonists.

rhodesboy - my suggestion is that you get a university education in history to equip you with the critical thinking skills to interpret historical and current events so maybe you can stop using your phobia fired imagination instead. Or perhaps you will ignore me on the grounds that rubbishing your theory amounts to a grievance.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Is rubbishing a theory theoretically a grievance??!!! Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit