Where was the dead body of Jesus? Did the disciples disappear it?

by opusdei1972 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bioflex
    bioflex

@bohm

1.Circular argument. you cannot begin an argument if jesus was resurrected by assuming he was raised from the dead.

If he wasnt raised from the dead we woudnt be having this conversation. And all the people (including his disciples) who claimed to have seen him would have been dellusional.

2. unwarrented assumption: You do not know his body did not decay.

I know his body did not decay beacause the bible specifically says it( i believe the bible and i can understand if you dont believe the bible)

Act 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Act 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
    Act 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

David saw corruption(decayed) but Jesus did not see curruption(did not decay)

3. circular argument. if you assume the account of the bible is true then he was raised; but the issue is if the account is true.

Exactly, i believe the account of the bible is true and therefore he was raised. Again, i can understand if you dont believe the bible.

• bohm
    bohm

bioflex: If he wasnt raised from the dead we woudnt be having this conversation.

Why not? It is claimed that Sai Baba raised at least one person from the dead; since that's obviously debateable (and yes; it is claimed there was eye witnesses) does that mean any such conversation proove it did happend because otherwise "we wouldnt be having this conversation"?

I know his body did not decay beacause the bible specifically says it( i believe the bible and i can understand if you dont believe the bible)

Well, you see, if you begin the conversation by simply assuming the bible is true you are just assuming the conclusion. How would you react to a muslim who started a conversation on whether muhammed was the last prophet of god by saying: "I believe in the quran" and insisted that belief prooved you was wrong?

What if a JW said: I believe the governing body is gods mouth piece and therefore you are wrong because they say so. Is that a rational argument?

Exactly, i believe the account of the bible is true and therefore he was raised. Again, i can understand if you dont believe the bible.

see above. you are just assuming the conclusion: "I believe the earth is flat because i believe this book is true which says the earth is flat so there you go".

• bioflex
    bioflex

@bohm:

okay but i do not "take the bible out". I just don't accept what's in the bible as being automatically true just like you do not accept what's in other books (religious or not) to be automatically true.

This naturally does not change the observation your "facts" are no such thing as the shortest consideration of the meaning of "fact" and "oppinion" should make you realize.

I understand where you are coming from. And i could also argue that "fact" is not so far from "oppinion".

I dont automatically accept what is in other books(religious or not) to be true. The only problem here is what the bible declares itself to be. No other book has made such claims. The bible does not permit "selective acceptance" of what it teaches. You have to take it how it is and fully or you dont take is at all. In other words, it claims to be absolute.

Not even science can make that claim.

• bohm
    bohm

bioflex: The only problem here is what the bible declares itself to be. No other book has made such claims.

lol

Okay here you go:

THIS POST IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE AND EVERYTHING BOHM SAYS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. ALSO, JESUS DID NOT RISE FROM THE DEAD.

Now did you find that particulary convincing or does it have to be in book-form to convince you?

• bohm
    bohm

bioflex: also, you ought to read the quran. Page up and down it declares it is true and from god.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@bohm:

Well, you see, if you begin the conversation by simply assuming the bible is true you are just assuming the conclusion.

In the world we live in today there are two we prove anything.

1. Its true until proven false. (thats more like the religious aspect)

The bible teaches that he who comes to God much believe that He is(foremost). The proving comes afterwards

2. Its false until proven true. (more like the scientific approach)

And even with this how many time have things been proven as facts only later to be rejected.

How would you react to a muslim who started a conversation on whether muhammed was the last prophet of god by saying: "I believe in the quran" and insisted that belief prooved you was wrong?

I would suppose he puts the quran to test. Try to prove the things that are provable.There are some things you can never prove(like your Sai Baba incident)

What if a JW said: I believe the governing body is gods mouth piece and therefore you are wrong because they say so. Is that a rational argument?

You would have to believe in God first before you can be a JW.

why would i go God(bible) -> GB-> JW , when i can go God(bible) -> (anyone) . Even the GB agrees they are not absolute.

• bohm
    bohm

bioflex: Sorry gotta run

• bioflex
    bioflex

@bohm:

lol

Okay here you go:

THIS POST IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE AND EVERYTHING BOHM SAYS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. ALSO, JESUS DID NOT RISE FROM THE DEAD.

lets put bohm to test then.

bible says: God is responsible for all life

bohm says: I dnt know how life came to be

evolution says(assumes ): Its the big bang

There is no way we can know for sure. You would have to trust either of the 3 or doubt them all.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@bohm: , enjoy ur day

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will stick with what I have read already from Bart Ehrman, but this link will take you a bit further: http://infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/empty.html

All I need to know is that William Lane Craig is a champion of the empty tomb so it must be a fairytale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit