DELIGHTFUL DROP IN MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES: 2011 VERSUS 2014!

by steve2 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

For some reason the chart doesn't give the breakdown for Puerto Rico and the rest of the small regions in 2014 like it does for the previous years. Instead it says N/A. "Evidently" the WTBT$ prefers to combine this years total attendance because each previous year (in the small regions) the attendance was lower than the year before. By lumping them all together they can make it appear that there is a slight increase.

• jgnat
    jgnat

3rd gen, I think the difference is that the 2014 results are from the (TMS?), and the other numbers are from the Yearbook. 2014 results won't be out until February/March 2015.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Its cause it keeps falling on a weeknight, people are tired and busy. When it falls on a weekend or Friday, then its too hard to go because of the dinner reservations.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

My husband and I are two that have not attended the last two years! I don't miss it one bit.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Google might be wrong, but these are the dates for the past five memorials:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Monday, April 14, 2014

If we are right about a weekend preference, 2011 should have the highest numbers. And it does.

• steve2
    steve2

AND YET as I argued earlier, in all previous years when it fell on a Sunday - with its clear increase not sustained a year later when the Memorial fell on a week-night - increase over the Sunday night memorial occurred IN THE THIRD YEAR WHETHER OR NOT THE MEMORIAL WAS HELD ON A WEEK-NIGHT.

That's the nub of my argument.

There was a similar pattern in the 2000s of much higher attendance on a Sunday-night, a lower attendance the following year YET one year after that, even though the Memorial fell on a week night, it was higher than the Sunday-night attendance two years earlier. This earlier pattern reflected continued "growth" of "interest" in the organization.

So, the fact that the much higher attendance on a Sunday night in 2011 in the US branch territory has not yet been bettered three years later indicates a change in the level of growth ( which we can deduce means there is declining interest in attending the meeting that Witnesses tell us is the most important one of the year - AND it has happened in 2014 - a year the organization dared to say in the Kingdom Ministry could be the last Memorial! Not even that piece of hope-fuelling or scare-mongering - d

epending on whether you're inside the tent or wandering around outside) led to an increase in attendance over 2011 - at least in the US branch territory.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Take me off the list, I went this year but will not in the future.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks jgnat for providing the day of the week upon which the Memorial has fallen in the last five years. Is there a link to earlier threads that have identified Nisan 14 on our calendars over the last several years, say from 1994 to 2014?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sooo nice to think the borg is circling the drain.

Maybe as more people find out that you won't get struck by lightening for missing a damn meeting the practice will catch on.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

My area of Europe - up 2 %.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit