DELIGHTFUL DROP IN MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES: 2011 VERSUS 2014!

by steve2 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alanv
    alanv

Here is the link for the Memorial figure for 2014 for the USA territory.

Instruction: press the 'skip ad' button top right, you should then see the download screen more easily.

L ink supplied by WatchTower 87.

http://adf.ly/r3m4k

• pixel
    pixel

That's good news!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Here's a direct download link . No ad screen or other confusing links. OCT KM

http://www.mediafire.com/view/52an89fxfch2avr/Kingdom_Ministry_Oct_2014.pdf

• sir82
    sir82

Curiously, the attendance is falling despite their monthlong "invitation campaign".

They previously did not spend a month handing out invitations to the Memorial, and attendance rose every year.

Now, for the past 4 or 5 years, they spend a month handing out invitations, and attendance actually goes down.

If there are any rational, analytical types left in Bethel, I imagine they are at least a little concened.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Drops in any other stats lately? I haven't been keeping track.

I wonder if the decrease in the west has had any influence on them deciding to push the website so much.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

a decrease in WT Land is actually an increase and will be spun as such. Watch and see.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

if forced to acknowledge (which they wont), they'd say "see? the love of the greater number has cooled off! very soon now, jah will act to rid the earth of wickedness, blah blah blah"

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Of course the 2011 Memorial attendance figures are higher than 2014; the 2011 Memorial was held on a Sunday. This year's was on a Monday. Sunday Memorials are always well-attended; midweek not so much.

You see, contrary to what the WTS would have you believe, Memorial attendance has very little (almost nothing) to do with growth or potential interest. It has everything to do with the number of inactives, unbelieving relatives, and non-progressive return visits that can be bothered/persuaded/guilt-tripped to show up. And for these people, the threshold for not attending is quite low.

Memorial attendance figures have zero correlation with growth in this organization. How many JW's attended the Memorial as their first meeting? Ask around, and you'll find that the number is excruciatingly low.

• sir82
    sir82

Of course the 2011 Memorial attendance figures are higher than 2014; the 2011 Memorial was held on a Sunday. This year's was on a Monday. Sunday Memorials are always well-attended; midweek not so much.

If that were true, then there would never ever have been a peak Memorial attendance on a weekday Memorial.

I have a feeling that that is not the case.

Someone with access to a calendar and the WT-CD could research this to see what days of the week the Memorial fell on through the 80's, 90's, and 00's, to see if weekend Memorials "always" had higher numbers than weekday ones.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Take a look at the 2010 numbers.

US 2,485,231

Bermuda 320,217

Jamaica 37,271

Turks & Caicos 1,188

Puerto Rico 59,594

Total = 2,903,501

That dropped in 2011 to = 2,666,592

That is a loss of 236,909 in one year!

Share this