DELIGHTFUL DROP IN MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES: 2011 VERSUS 2014!

by steve2 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

For the 2015 Memorial, I understand that the GB have approved counting guide dogs for visually impaired attendees....well, if they count babies.......

• steve2
    steve2

I do miss SlimBoyFat's nicely counter-challenging voice on this topic of the numerical (ahem) "health" of the organization. This time last year confident predictions were made that the 2013 Memorial attendances worldwide would top 20,000,000. SBF, you out there?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

SBF used to spout some cobblers didnt he?

• steve2
    steve2

Well, I rarely agreed with him but I kind of respected his ability to find alternate explanations which are invaluable in helping me temper my views. What I like, though, is this forum's room for alternate views something that JW apologists seldom acknowledge is ever accorded to those who express doubts or ask questions within the organization.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think SBF went back in, for good reasons in his view, I hope he has found happiness.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

He used to write some polished stuff SBF. Here's a salute to SBF.

• simon17
    simon17

Thanks BlueDolphin for the last 5-years tallies! the 2014 memorial attendance in the US territory is 6,152 more than 2010 but 55,782 fewer than 2011. It will be interesting to see the attendances from other territories. I'd guess the decrease will be more evident in the "west" than in say parts of Asia, Latin America and Africa.

No, because 2014 only includes the US. Once Puerto Rico and the other places are added in, this year will be an all time peak.

• sir82
    sir82

No, because 2014 only includes the US. Once Puerto Rico and the other places are added in, this year will be an all time peak.

Sorry, not correct.

Direct quote from the KM (bolding mine):

We are pleased to report that on April 14, the attendance at the Memorial was 2,610,810 in the United States branch territory.

The "US branch territory" already includes "Puerto Rico and the other places".

• steve2
    steve2

Simon17 you appear to have skipped reading many of the posts before you commented. The Kingdom Ministry makes clear the tally includes all countries now subsumed under the US branch territory.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby and I have helped in the decline these past two years. So subtract two. The poor boy tried for YEARS to coax my daughter and her family to attend. He was offering BRIBES. That would be THREE warm bums in seats. But she never went for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit