DELIGHTFUL DROP IN MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES: 2011 VERSUS 2014!

by steve2 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Watchtower-Free
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

lets not forget they count everyone, children, babies at this event, so the numbers are missleading anyway....

• Coffee House Girl
  • steve2
    steve2

Notblind your point cannot be ignored. Sunday attendances have usually been higher than week-night attendances. But in the past, that decrease has rebounded within two years so that, week-night or not, it climbs higher than the earlier Sunday night attendance. I think there was an instance of that in the 2000s - but I don't have access to that data at present.

This is the first time ever the decrease from one year has still been evident three years later. Care to comment on that?

Memorial attendance is one of the broadest indicators of the "health" of the organization. Yes, it includes an unknown number of those already on their way out and those who remain in the organization but who have become persistently inactive. But it also includes their potential growth - which increasingly is coming from born-ins, screaming babies too (I was one in the late 1950s).

In isolation, memorial attendance is but one facet of the organization's Impression Management By Numbers. When you include the downward trend over several years of numbers baptized and a plateauing of average publishers in many countries - if not decline in others - the picture becomes mighty interesting.

The aspect that suprises me is that the 2014 Memorial was given a huge push in the organization, along with the beefed up call for auxiliary pioneering in the month leading up to the Memorial. There was that cringe-making but still hilarious statement in the March? Kingdom Ministry that baldly said 'This could be the last Memorial' (before Armageddon) - showing the organization's writers are not above resorting to the motivating power of Emergency Talk to beef up the numbers.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

As a theory i support day of the week influancing attendance. I see it locally. For 99% of congregations it represented an extra midweek meeting, a burden. It definatly hurt attendance compared to a sunday. Conventions prove that sunday events get better attendance. I assume most view it as a lost day anyway.

• steve2
    steve2

Take a look at the 2010 numbers.

US 2,485,231

Bermuda 320,217

Jamaica 37,271

Turks & Caicos 1,188

Puerto Rico 59,594

Total = 2,903,501

That dropped in 2011 to = 2,666,592

That is a loss of 236,909 in one year!

wifibandit, your total loss figure for 2010 to 2011 should be 36,909 shouldn't it?

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

To clarify, steve82 i absoutly supprised as well, and especially given the hype and campain etc etc, but that just shows how unimportant it really is, frankly. I also have had it intimated to me that the reason there have been several reshuffles in what territories are assigned to what branch is to hide these incovient numbers. A decrese can be painted as simply a result of some publishers being moved and counted with another branch while an increase can be portrayed as the desert gods blessing. Its all a shell game

• steve2
    steve2

In the past, greater Sunday night attendances compared to week-night attendances have been bettered in 2 years, even when the attendance 2 years later has been on a week-night. That's the point I'm making. It is great to see the spirit of SlimBoyFat alive and well.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I post from my phone, small keyboard.

I think I'm correct. Anyone care to check?

Thanks!

• simon17
    simon17

Take a look at the 2010 numbers.

US 2,485,231

Bermuda 320,217

Jamaica 37,271

Turks & Caicos 1,188

Puerto Rico 59,594

Total = 2,903,501

I'm going to go ahead and guess that there aren't even 320k people living on the small island of Bermuda. These numbers must be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit