how to survive a three day assembly?

by purrpurr 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Try it, you may have to look blank if someone later mentions anything from it in a specific way, but you can bluff your way through that, the time off you will have enjoyed will refresh you to be able to face such things easily.

Totally easy to bluff your way through as the highlights have been discussed on this forum in abundance. We know more here about the talks at the convention than most JWs.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, hubby bluffs his way through the convention highlights from information on this board. He simply tells them he attended in a different city.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I envy you guys who can take notes on whatever they want, walk around, whatever. I'm under constant surveillance when I attend, so I couldn't get away with that. (That sounds paranoid, doesn't it? Well, it's the truth.)

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Sorry to hear that matey, I can't take notes on exactly what I want but my writing is so terrible that I could probably get away with it if I tried. I'm become more accepting of my situation as time goes on, I hope the missus wakes up but until then I'm fairly content (ish) to play along. Let's see how long that lasts.

Even under scrutiny you ccould be doing research on the jw app on your phone, no one can slag you off for reading the bible!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

how to survive a three day assembly?

Option A: don't go,

Option B: fake your own death (Option A plus the advantage of not having to explain),

Option C: 1.75 liters of Bourbon (per day), earplugs and dark glasses. Claim to have a disability which allows you to bring a lounge chair.

• bigmac
    bigmac

what an appalling state of affairs. guys on here hating these damned assemblies but going just to keep the peace.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I have a large family who are all in. If I left the jw's I would loose them and it would break my heart. My sister often palms her more fractious children off on me and I end up taking them on long walks out the back so I guess that will be one way to survive this year

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Booze.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ purr purr---why dont you start pushing the boundaries a bit--see how far you can go--?--like--just attend one day--? what are your relatives likely to do ?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Big mac, yes it is appalling, but some of us aren't in a position to just up and leave yet.

Pushing boundaries is an excellent suggestion. Little and often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit