how to survive a three day assembly?

by purrpurr 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Fade, how about switching to a silent prayer? Say it feels more reverent.

• Mum
    Mum

wifibandit: Love that "Bingo" card. Did you create it yourself? Genius!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

No Mum, it was made by TheFlyingBastard over at the exjw sub-reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1k33yz/ready_to_print_bingo_card_for_your_convention/

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Man.. Wish I could play that bingo outside my head!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That bingo card is AWESOME!!!!!

I reckon there should be a thread started with variations of that!

Priceless....

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I found to sit with people who don't know you. Soon as the song and prayer are over then walk out. Take a nore when the session ends and return for lunch. That way you can have a catch up with people you like. Looking back I never know how I managed to sit through it as a kid.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Add "Surely" and "Higher education" to those cards!

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

The last couple I have been to I made the mistake of showing how I felt on my face with "Uh did they actually say that" or "WTF no way" or even the "I have to get out of here now" look

Spouse kind of freaked out on me for this. So when I HAVE to go I just have blank stare on my face the whole time.

• sd-7
    sd-7

From my own experience, last year when I went I just brought my iPod. I put on big blue Skullcandy headphones and the convention program became the irritating background to a seemingly endless collection of music. I brought my spiral notebook to write down whatever I was thinking, and that was that. If you need to keep up appearances, the smaller the iPod and earphones, the better, so as not to make it appear that you're listening to music and not the program itself.

Or you could just not go. Combine 3 parts Pepsi with 1 part milk, plus chunks of bread or something, and you have some fake vomit you can pour into the toilet as proof that you're sick. Might want to add something with a bad smell to create a convincing vomit odor, and you're all set!

--sd-7

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If you want to play the sick card, use a product like this is $9.00 well spent ( imagine how quickly people will be happy to see you...or anyone else leave.....):SPECIAL INGREDIENTS" UN-NATURAL GAS

%22SPECIAL%20INGREDIENTS%22%20UN%2DNATURAL%20GAS These "special ingredients" are just what you may need in some "special situations". Manufactured under contract by DSG Laboratories to fulfill the occasional unusual operational requirement of CIA and other federal agents, these products are now available for non-governmental sale. Use only with utmost discretion. Made in U.S.A.

This quiet little pump aerosol flatulence simulator has the ability to transform a room into a nasal nightmare. It's like being in the aftermath of a giant chili cook-off gone wild. Ideal for discreetly clearing out a room, leaving everybody wondering who the gaseous culprit was. Guaranteed to embarrassingly disrupt any social gathering of polite people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit