how to survive a three day assembly?

by purrpurr 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Hi I have to go to one of these soon. I find it difficult enough to sit through a meeting knowing what I now know. How to survive a whole three days???!!! Help!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

When I was learning TTATT I honestly thought I could sucessfully live in both world. With in about 6 months after been a witness for many decades I walked out of the KH for the last time.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The answer is simple: Don't attend!! Avoid going any way you can. Sickness, depression, stumbled, etc. Or you can always tell the truth: 'it's boring and a waste of time,'

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I don't know how you can even stand being in the midst of that great delusion faking it. I could not pretend for 3 minutes let alone 3 whole days.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I did it last year. I occupied my mind with reviewing what I knew about ttatt. I read the context of the scriptures they were quoting to see what was REALLY meant in the writing. I made notes on stuff I wanted to look up later. I daydreamed. And I viewed the whole thing as "supporting my missus in her chosen pastime" as if she'd wanted to go to a knitting convention but didn't want to go alone. That made it bearable. And obviously the long toilet breaks where I logged on here to catch up!

Two weeks to go eh! Me too. If you can't get out of it, you'll find ways to make it bearable. Go chat with the apostates campaigning outside!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Say you aren't feeling well, have flu or something and stay home for as much of it as you can. Then sit out the back or the rooms for the people with infirmities and sleep. Fake that you're sick and feeling cold and achy and sleep it out.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Hi I have to go to one of these soon.

you HAVE to---why--are you a minor still living with your parents ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I did not attend the D.C, as it was then, the year before I left for good. Nobody noticed !!!! not any of my JW family, or the members of my Congregation !

Try it, you may have to look blank if someone later mentions anything from it in a specific way, but you can bluff your way through that, the time off you will have enjoyed will refresh you to be able to face such things easily.

• millie210
    millie210

purrpurr,

Never mind the reason you have to go......it is your own and valid.

I had to go this year also. I did it for 2 elderly sisters who needed a driver and seat finder. Once seated they were happy campers and didn't really need me. I occupied myself by watching the faces of people around me. I was especially amused during the "resurrection" video which was supposed to be the crown jewel presentation.

At least half the people around me were NOT crying. They looked skeptical in fact! That cheered my heart.

I soon discovered a young couple near me that I have known for years. They have a toddler. I told them my "back was bothering me" (it wasn't my back - it was my boredom truthfully) and I took their toddler daughter out for long walks.

It was delightful. We met many, many people out walking and talking. There were so many more people out strolling this year. Not just the teenagers.

The sessions seem very short because they have broken them down in to 10 minute segments. There arent long talks except the baptism. It is an obvious attempt to relieve boredom.

Much as was my decision to walk the toddler - a preemptive strike to relieve boredom!

Viewing it as a social interaction group rather than an educational event really helped my attitude.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Headphones and awesome music?

Awesome book, movie or website on iPad, while in your car and "tuned in" to the talks on your car radio?

Volunteering and meeting interesting people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit