Robin Williams passes

by designs 74 Replies latest social entertainment

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's sad that someone so popular didn't have the personal support he needed to get through this. But I guess depression has a way of working against someone from the inside. It makes you isolate yourself from those who could help you. Strange that he wouldn't be on medication for this, though.

• zeb
    zeb

Good morning Vietnam.

" Ah Hanna you slut youve been on everything but the Titanic" and

the "Dead Poets Society" one of two films i cried at. Rest well mate rest well.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Such sad news. Mrs Doubtfire, you will be missed.

LL

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I knew he was suffering and mentioned thoughts of suicide, why do all the good people suffer and kill themselves?

I heard someone explain it like this, "You feel so horrible everyday, nothing dulls the pain, booze and drugs don't work so you do the only thing to make it stop. You kill yourself!"

GOD BLESS YOU ROBIN WILLIAMS, I HOPE YOU FIND PEACE IN THE AFTER-LIFE, PLANET EARTH IS A LESSOR PLACE WITHOUT YOU! I BELIEVE HE IS IN HEAVEN, NO MAN WHO PROVIDED THIS MUCH LOVE AND JOY SHOULD SUFFER SO BADLY! DAMN IT!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

There is always one dissenting voice in the wilderness. I loved his schtick the first 10 thousand times but grew tired of it. I think he must have too. Depression and addiction are the real story here. Even with all his millions and all his professional help he was one episode away from ending his pain. So sorry to know he had suffered so much. If anyone is thinking there is no way out, please talk to someone now. You can defeat this.

• littlerockguy
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes, my mouth dropped open when I heard the news this afternoon and it took ten minutes for it to close.

So successful, talented, beloved. He must have been in terrible pain to choose this way out.

"Suicide: A permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Gaaahhhhh!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Very sad. Hearing the news put me in a sober, contemplative mood. If he did commit suicide, what could have moved him to go that far? I didn't know he battled depression; just heard tonight that he did. I've never experienced depression like that. I wonder what it's like. It's odd that somebody who could appear so upbeat in public could be so down behind the scenes.

What happens with somebody like him? Was he depressed about growing older? His career? What? I think that people like him are sometimes consumed by what others think of them and can never just be themselves. I read that Mae West had created an image - a persona - and had to spend the rest of her life trying to live up to it. For example, she could never leave the house without shoes that made her look taller because she didn't want to ruin the image she had created. It seems that it would be hard to have to live like that.

I wonder about some celebrities like, for example, Warren Beatty. He used to be a handsome movie star. What is his life like now? What does he do every day? Does he miss his glory days? Does he get depressed and live in the past?

Anyway, again, very sad that anybody could be so down as to take his own life.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sad, sad news.

I wish these celebs would take better care of themselves, it is a brutal business their in.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I remember seeing him in the movie, “What Dreams May Come”. It was the first dramatic film I seen of his. In the movie he dies due to accident and he goes to heaven. His wife commits suicide later because of the grief from his death. I remember seeing this and I told one of the brothers in my Congo at the time. He was like, “You seen that Hellfire movie". I didn't think of the movie so much as religious at the time. It was a emotional film to me. Robin will be missed.

robin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit