Robin Williams passes

by designs 74 Replies latest social entertainment

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was stunned. I have always enjoyed him as an actor and a comedian. I sometimes thought that things might be difficult for him, but of course the public never sees the private hurt and pain that can go along with that kind of brilliance. He will be greatly missed.

• kaik
    kaik

RIP, I liked him as actor in movie Mrs. Doubtfire.

• smiddy
    smiddy

So sad , I find it hard to comprehend how a talented succesfull man in his field , can end up this way , R.I.P. Robin.

smiddy

• Dagney
    Dagney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS1esgRV4Rc

"Dead Poets Society" kills me. I'm a sucker for the poet and power of words. He relays this so eloquently to his students in the film.

"Fisher King," "Hook," "What Dreams May Come," "Aladdin"... so many outstanding works. What a body of work he has left behind. Everybody was just so sad when we found out.

RIP Robin.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Sadly, it's not surprising.

I've watched him "religiously" (Simon - don't ban me) for decades on talk shows and elsewhere.

He had a terrific sense of humour and awesome mimic skills (not Rich Little, but good).

He often spoke openly of his depression.

Most of the top comedians suffer from this dichotomy.

It is tragic.

Hopefully, whatever the next life is, he will be bringing laughter into it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am gutted, great actor and comedian. Truly unique was Robin Williams. Mork and Mindy was my first recollections of him, Dead poets society was completely different and of course Goodmorning Vietnam. Kate xx

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

..and to anyone who thinks that depression is something you can snap out of, he would have done it already.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

..and to anyone who thinks that depression is something you can snap out of, he would have done it already.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was shocked to read that he died -- not sure why. I mostly don't react to celebrity deaths. But, he was quite funny and very sharp. So sad that he committed suicide.

His movies were uneven -- some brilliant, some not so. Unlike a lot of you, I thought "Mrs. Doubtfire" was creepy. But I liked a lot of his other movies and "Jumanji" is the only movie that scared me!

Depression can be incredibly painful and powerful, and you have to fight it very hard. Some people get exhausted from the fight, and want release from pain. They don't really want to die, I think. They just don't know how else to end the pain.

I'm sorry to hear of anyone suffering from depression that serious.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Very sad to hear this - he was one of the greatest talents alive. Just a couple of days ago I saw him on TV in a supporting role in a relatively minor movie ("August Rush" - 2007), and still, he was able to shine. To this day "Mrs. Doubtfire" remains my favorite comedy. And, as said before, if it was easy to snap out of depression, Robin would be the person to pull that stunt. The lesson to take is - it isn't. Plus, Robin Williams was bipolar, which can explain both his genious, and his "manic" performances.

Another giant bites the dust. RIP, Mr. Williams.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit