Robin Williams passes

by designs 74 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mikado
    Mikado

I am so sorry he was that ill, so terrible to feel that is your only way.

i am obviously totally in the minority but he freaked me out,

I saw him in a couple of interviews were he was totally manic and he literally made my skin crawl.

I think he could play creepy guys very well...

on a side note many years ago a shrink told me that in his opinion suicide was the biggest fuck you ever... I tend to agree...

but so sad, and for some reason men tend to choose ways that are more irrevocable than women... don't know why,

• SophieG
    SophieG

Robin Williams will be missed. There is really no one like him! I appreciate his candidness about his battles with addiction and depression and this is why I've taken it so hard.

Depression SUCKS! It's a dark horse that is hard to dismount and it takes effort not to ride that beast over the cliff. For those of us who have been there and are surviving or our disease is in remission it's hard not to feel like we lost a brother to the battle. There is a little voice that saves you that says: "Don't do this" in the bottom of the darkest hour. He shut that voice out. He was tired.

My thoughts are with his family. If his light shone this far out and touched us, by them being closer to him it must be a heavy toll.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

You gifted the world so much with your presence, Robin.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

So sad - such a great comic. I loved Mork and Mindy, good Morning Vietnam, Mrs Doubtfire, Dead Poets Society, the genie in Aladdin (I just bought the DVD for my son last week - he loved it) almost everything he did. He had severe depression (and substance abuse problems) for a long time so not a total shock - when I heard he had died my first thought was suicide. Both he and Rick Mayall in the same year - two revolutionary comics pass way too young - both of them gave me so much laughter in my teens and 20s.

• minimus
    minimus

I lived Dead Poets Society.. He could make you laugh or cry, oh captain, my captain.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

A brilliant entertainer - both when playing serious roles and when exhaustingly zany. I knew he'd long battled with depression. Terribly sad - especially for those closest to him. Peace now, Robin.

• flipper
    flipper

I was playing guitar in my organic garden when my friend came onto the deck outside and told me of Robin's death. Totally saddened me at his loss. It is devastating to see someone who seemed so vibrant and full of life kill themselves due to personal demons tormenting them. I agree that we never know what's really tormenting a person deep down inside until we actually know them personally. This world can be a very lonely place - especially for the many comedians who have entertained us over the years- when the cameras stop rolling and they are not in front of a crowd and don't have to perform to make us laugh- who is there for them to make THEM laugh or support them ? Sobering thought. And the problem becomes emphasized when drugs, alcohol, or depression is involved.

I agree that Robin was a brilliant actor. I enjoyed his stand up comedy as well but one of my favorite movies was " One Hour Photo " where he played Cy the photo guy who started stalking this young family because he had no family of his own. Talk about a creepy movie- wow. And all his other stuff was brilliant as well.Robin - we will miss you dearly- thanks for giving us laughs, pleasure, and your talent. Rest in peace now - you don't have to suffer anymore. We will never forget you

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

When Superman needed a friend, Robin was there...

http://imgur.com/gallery/cIBWG

• Simon
    Simon

Very sad news.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Passes? Passes what? Kidney stones? Always hated that description. He's dead Jim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit