Robin Williams passes

by designs 74 Replies latest social entertainment

• cult classic
    cult classic

he'll be missed.

• glenster
    glenster

HST and coke
    http://www.openculture.com/2013/08/hunter-s-thompsons-harrowing-chemical-fueled-daily-routine.html

"known for his lifelong use of alcohol and illegal drugs"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_S._Thompson

I won't go into personal reasons, things that happened to loved ones and my-
    self, a beloved friend who talked suicide when they did coke, etc., why I know
    you should never give money to organized crime. They're about money no matter
    what--extortion, hurting, murdering--and they don't care. They have all the
    empathy of a serial killer. It's like they're watching it on TV--they're just
    thinking about the money they're coming into. You never give those SOBs money.
    You want to feel different or get your dopey damn dumb d**k hard, do it some
    other way, but you never give those guys money.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_cartel

You can hear hours of these things talked about on talk shows and nobody ever
    mentions it. It should be mentioned occasionally when I read about problems
    exasperated by harder drugs you could only buy from them and things like this
    happen.

"Artist-collaborator and friend Ralph Steadman wrote: '... He told me 25 years
    ago that he would feel real trapped if he didn't know that he could commit sui-
    cide at any moment. I don't know if that is brave or stupid or what, but it was
    inevitable.'"

"While suffering a bout of health problems, Thompson committed suicide at the
    age of 67." "...resulting from his many painful and chronic medical conditions,
    which included a hip replacement."

His loved ones still loved him and accepted it, everything considered, but had
    no idea he was going to do it when it happened let alone did he ask for their
    blessing to do it at the time. He and HST did it off away from everyone--one of
    the ways a court decides if someone knew right from wrong when they did some-
    thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_S._Thompson

RW and Koko
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs

• designs
    designs

I hope the good that can come from Robin's death is a greater understanding of mental illness and addictions and their treatments.

As one meth and crack cocaine addict told me who also has one of these hyperactive-brain conditions- 'taking meth made my brain feel normal'. That is the seduction when you have one of these conditions. The crash coming off them is so severe it sets up the vicious cycle that leads to overdose or self injury.

• blondie
  • caliber
    caliber

It has been on the news that Robin was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease ... this may well

have added fuel to the fire , or was the final nail in the coffin you might say, in his decision to end his life early .

A close relative of mine suffered from early on -set Parkinson's like Micheal J Fox which moves very slowly through the decades

however older age Parkinson's is very debilitating

• Mikado
    Mikado

I was just about to post that, and if so , it makes his decision much mor understandable, I watched my grandfather go through hell with it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes things become more clear now. I only wish that he would have found a less horrible way to die, like just pure nitrogen gas, painless, quick, and no mess.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Not surprising. When I heard of his suicide, I originally thought he must have been diagnosed with something like cancer. It didn't make sense that at this point in his life he would succumb to plain old alcoholism and depression. It just didn't fit with the fact that he had been through much rougher times in the past, plus I expected he must have been taking something for the depression.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Micheal J Fox has battled Parkinson's Disease for decades, we each have our breaking points and some people are stronger than others. Read the book "The Last Lecture" and "Tuesday's with Morry", and don't forget the Watchtower life story of the Sister in the Iron Lung who had mirrors on her machine so she could yell at people walking past her house.

Robin Williams was tired of his emotional pain, the thought of battling Parkinson's and it's physical pain and losing yourself was too much for our wild man Robin. There's new drugs in the pipeline but it would not have mattered to him, I think he lost the will to live long before the Parkinson's news, when you lose that glimmer or light inside, life no longer has joy.

I bet he is making God laugh now in Heaven, looking around with those big wide eyes of his. Before he entered in, St. Peter took his sweet time making Robin tell him all his best jokes, probably the best St. Peter has heard in Centuries!

• designs
    designs

Robin Williams was asked "if there are pearly gates what the first thing you want to hear from God' Robin says 'so two Jews walk into a Bar..." :D

He'll keep us smiling for years to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit