JW's just called at my door, simply handed me the JW.ORG tract and left! JW's now mere leaflet distributors.

by yadda yadda 2 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's like your local Pizza place or McDonalds or KFC staff knocking on your door and hand delivering their advertising material to you

I predict WT will be using door hangers within two years. Just go door to door and hang a "JW.Org" flyer on each door. That way the service group can cover an entire territory and be at Starbucks by 10:30 am.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

How many times can JW's go through the neighborhood, "placing" the new "JW.org Business card" and not be embarrassed?

Householders for the most part, are so polite to these non-educated, non thinking WT drones.

LL

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Why not just get a Bulk Non profit mailing permit?

Heck, I can send out 500 mailers for .15 per home. If I was still in the Borg, I would want to simply donate the $$ and stay home tomow the lawn on Saturday. The mail-man is going to every door anyway.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jam, you are soooo correct!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Ok, thanks, but ummm you could've just left it in my letterbox."

Great response, I wonder what he thought about that comment. I wonder if he is a disgruntled, fading JW, and just going through the motions, or they are all that way now.

Legitimate corporations must be envious of the Watchtower having 7 million drones that are happy to do free marketing for them. The power of indoctrination is difficult to comprehend.

• blondie
    blondie

In the US the only valid sign the jws must observe is No Trespassing. Those others are not legal.

In the US jws cannot put tracts in the mailbox...illegal per federal law (only the US Post Office can use them)

The WTS also says that after the GT states their members will be directed to give a judgment message to all God's enemies...no desire to make converts then.

------found looking for something else

*** rs p. 17 How You Might Respond to Potential Conversation Stoppers ***‘I’M NOT INTERESTED IN JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES’

● ‘Many folks tell us that. Have you ever wondered why people like me volunteer to make these calls even though we know that the majority of householders may not welcome us? (Give the gist of Matthew 25:31-33, explaining that a separating of people of all nations is taking place and that their response to the Kingdom message is an important factor in this. Or state the gist of Ezekiel 9:1-11, explaining that, on the basis of people’s reaction to the Kingdom message, everyone is being “marked” either for preservation through the great tribulation or for destruction by God.)’ (Can you imagine saying that aat the door?

*** w93 5/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Jehovah, along with his Son, will judge whether any who reject the Kingdom message and die prior to the outbreak of the great tribulation are classed as goats. Jesus said that the goats “will depart into everlasting cutting-off.” Therefore, we can conclude that

• under the radar
    under the radar

Well, in the US it is illegal to put anything in anyone's mailbox without the proper postage, so JWs aren't supposed to do that. They've also gotten flack before for putting tracts and such in people's doors because it could let potential burglars know that no one's home. So about the only thing left is to knock on doors and hand the religious junk mail directly to whoever comes to the door.

The average JW today is simply not able to carry on an intelligent conversation about the Bible or even defend their own beliefs. I would bet that most are not up on what they are supposed to believe now anyway, and certainly not the "reasoning" behind all the changes. They are trained to run at the first sign that someone knowledgeable about the Bible might want to engage in an actual conversation and not simply listen to a rote "presentation."

A dog with a note in his mouth could pioneer now and do just as much "good."

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

They didn't even knock on our door, just left it in the door.

• prologos
    prologos

In some places it is illegal to leave anything in the mailbox if you are not the postal service man/ma'm.

I would feel really USED if I still had do this kind of blatant commercial work.

They got one thing right so, the folded tracts, cards are small.-- why?

The Sears & R catalogue was the smallest. people had to keep it on top of the pile, and reached for it first.

next J-work address labels?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I plan to say:

" Giving someone a pamphlet that directs them to a website is like calling them on the phone to say you just sent them an email "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit