JW's just called at my door, simply handed me the JW.ORG tract and left! JW's now mere leaflet distributors.

by yadda yadda 2 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

A good open line for JW's. I know you think we are a bunch

of crazy folks, but look what Jehovah have to say. OK, we

are a little nutty. Can you help me? Now you got a conversion...

People will open up if they think you are nuts....LOL

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sing these words to the "kingdom song"

-YOU KNOW THE ONE!

"we're Gods leaf-let dist-rib-u-tors,

we just dont speak up any-more,

we just knock and run a-way,

from your house and from your door"

etc..

"ours is the god of untrue prophecy,

what we preach wont come to be,"

etc.....

• jam
    jam

stuckinarut2: that's what I'm talking about, people like honesty.

Look we have lied in the past, we are trying to make it to paradise,

can you help a brother out...

People today knows about the crazy teaching of the WT, try a different

approach. Folks don't care to hear that they will be fried to a crisp if

they don't become a JW... My grandmother heard that and she

is dead....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I've seen that myself and was wondering what the heck they were doing.

I think JWS like this because they don't have to talk to anyone but still get their time in.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Hmm.. during special tract distribution campaigns, they are supposed to offer the current magazines too and engage the householder in conversation using the suggested presentation of the month in the OKM. However, it depends on the cong. Some congs, especially those with a vast territory, may choose to cover as much territory as possible during the special campaign, so the offer of the magazines might be overlooked

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

This saves paper at least in two ways and some forest may be saved for future refreshment.

1. If you would refuse they can offer the same piece of paper to next person

2. If they would just make a mailbox round they would be enormously quicker and get lots more tracts out.

I thank them for this nature preserving choice of method.

CP

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As we have discussed before...its not about productive use of time, or important information...its about just keeping the masses busy!

Just like parents do with little children on long car trips. They make up games like "lets see how many cows we can count! yay!" (kids get excited and are kept busy until they get bored and restless again...)

The org does the same things for the masses of witnesses..."lets see how many tracts we can distribute! yay!" (witnesses get excited and are kept busy...until they get bored...then a new campaign is started)

• losingit
    losingit

Omg service was always so boring and pointless. Id be PISSED if I had ti distribute jw.org tract crap. Actuall, I know Id refuse!

• jam
    jam

A great idea for the masses, award prizes for the witness who place the

most mags and hours for the month. An all paid vacation all

expense paid for weekend at our next assemble..Or a gift certificate

at Big Mac.. That would get folks out. LOL

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Back in the 1970s when the new batch of Kingdom News tracts started coming out (beginning with #16 in 1973), that's how we used to place them. Ring the bell, then hand the tract to the householder and say, "please read this important message," or some such. Then walk away and head on to the next door. If nobody was home, you could leave the tract in the crack of the door or slip it under the door. No conversation, no attempt to start a Bible study. It was easy time, but the hitch was that everybody was allotted only 100 tracts to distribute over a limited period of time (3 weeks, if I remember correctly). If you ran out, you were right back to regular old field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit