JW's just called at my door, simply handed me the JW.ORG tract and left! JW's now mere leaflet distributors.

by yadda yadda 2 31 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm off work today and its a Monday morning. A male and female JW just knocked on my door, I opened it, the guy just handed me their latest website promoting tract saying "Hi, were just leaving these with people today", and then he made to leave. I looked at the tract and then looked at him as he was turning to walk away and said to him "Ok, thanks, but ummm you could've just left it in my letterbox."

They've literally turned JW's into leaflet distributing junk-mail delivery boys/girls except they inconvenience you by knocking on your door. It's like your local Pizza place or McDonalds or KFC staff knocking on your door and hand delivering their advertising material to you.

What is the point of doing this during the week when the majority are 'not-at-homes'? It's ridiculous.

Would they have put it in my letterbox if I wasn't at home? If so, why not just do that in the first place? What benefit is gained by knocking on my door and annoying me just to literally hand me the tract and walk away? If not, then what an absolute mindless and inefficient waste of JW's time and energy. But it's got to be the easiest most braindead way to clock up hours in field service ever, the pioneers must love this!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The Jehovah Witness religion has become a moronic joke. I have lost every last bit of remaining respect I had remaining for my former faith.

• Magnum
    Magnum

AlphaMan, me too.

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder what they would have done if you had asked them to answer questions about their religion.

Would they have taken the time to answer or would they have excused themselves and headed on to the next door?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This is good they/Governing Body is trying desperately to be relevent in today modern world of instant communication.

And they suck at it!

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

I'd have pointed to the notice on my front door stating, among other things, "no cold callers, no leaflets, no religious cranks", hand back their silly little tract and (as I did last time they were arrogant/stupid enough to knock on my door) tell them to "Get the f*** off my property"

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good question Ding, I should have done that. They seemed in haste to get away, as if they couldn't wait to get off my porch.

• clarity
    clarity

Oh yeah ....knock on your door just to say that

they don't have time to talk to you!!!!!!!!

ahahahahahahhahahhhhahahahahahhahha

• kairos
    kairos

I remember leaving the tracts/invites on the front porch, under the door matt with a corner showing or the more extreme, sliding it into the closed door crack and into their house!

I think they prefer to just leave a copy rather than have to explain what it is they think they are doing...

~

I can't imagine anything has changed since I was last out in service over 18 moths ago.

• jam
    jam

They are praying to Jehovah, please don't let them ask me any questions.

Just let me leave this tract and count my time....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit