JW's just called at my door, simply handed me the JW.ORG tract and left! JW's now mere leaflet distributors.

by yadda yadda 2 31 Replies latest jw friends

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

pointless exercise in handing out leaflets without even a word said in explanation..they have become nothing more than people 'handing tickets out for god'....jesus never handed out any leaflets etc....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Back in the 1970's when I was a kid and all this "tract" business started, we thought it was great. All you had to do is leave it in the door or just hand it to someone.

When tract #3 came along, they (we) were really expecting the tribulation to begin at any moment. They said the distribution of tract #3 would be like in the days of Joshua when the armies marched around the city 3 times and our message was likend to the sound of the trumpets that brought the walls of Jericho down. We delivered those tracts with gusto and it was exciting. We sat back and waited but as you know, nothing happened. Somehow no one said anything about it....we just ignored it until the next big thing came along.

I imagine for new ones or young ones, this is how this JW.Org business might seem to them as well. They probably figure that Jehovah is using the Internet to spread the word quickly, world wide . The thing is, this could have been accomplished decades ago via Television or Radio...but no one will say that out loud. The dance goes on....different dancers same steps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit