Need help understanding scriptues in Mathew. just trying to show my wife the BORG is soooo wrong

by goingthruthemotions 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DocHouse: The WTBS teaches nothing unbiblical that I know of.

The WT Society has openly admitted it goes beyond scripture, then mandates these rules/doctrines must be followed:

"A basis for approved fellowship with Jehovahs Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth. Simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovahs Witnesses. Approved association with Jehovahs Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovahs Witnesses" (Watchtower, April 1, 1986, p. 31).

In a "Questions from Readers" column in the 4/1/86 Watchtower, the organization provides a list of doctrines that a person must adhere to in order to remain in good standing among Jehovah's Witnesses. The list includes more controversial doctrines not found in the list a student must believe. Two significant ones are:

1. That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today entrusted with all of Jesus earthly interests, which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses (as of 7-15-13, the Slave is The Governing Body).

2. That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christs foretold presence.

It is common for these particular teachings not to be advertised to newly-interested persons, because they are the most difficult to accept. Yet, as the article asserts, adherence to these doctrines is essential to remain in good standing.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

goingthruthemotions I currently don't believe that the Bible is inerrant. However, The Watchtower Society says that it follows the Bible. Ok, let us play with its own rules. The Witnesses teach that the Great Crowd mentioned in chapter 7 of the book of Revelation, is an earthly class of inferior christians. So, the final destiny of the Great Crowd is the earth. The Governing Body says that the majority of the Witnesses belong to the Great Crowd, so they can't eat the bread and drink the wine in the Lord's Supper, because they are not in the New Covenant. However, this is a pretty lie. If you read the book of Revelation in the original language, you will note that the place in which the Great Crowd is seen, in Rev 7:15, is the sanctuary of the heavenly temple of God. The greek word for sanctuary is NAOS, and this is the final destiny of the Great Crowd according to Rev 7:15, which is in heaven (see Rev 11:19; and Rev 14:17). Nevertheless, the Governing Body is misleading their followers in this issue.

Please, read the following article, which will show you how dishonest is the Watctower Society in this respect :

http://www.xjw.com/where.html

Feel free to ask me, if you have questions.

• cofty
    cofty

the biblical definition of "faith" is that it is based on "assurance". When one merly HOPES, they are not ASSURED. - Dochouse

What is the difference?

Is it about hoping very, very, very much that the bible's false promises will one day come true despite 2000 years of failure?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I always use Deut 18:20 -22. Then show them how many times THEY have been false Prophets.Russells

dates were 1799,1846,1874,1878,1881,1910,1914,
    Then The WT said 1910. the end would come in 1914.
    Then 1925. then 1975.

In MY humble opinion it proves they are False Prophets

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Grace, hope you are well. Good to see you back x

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks CoftyXX

• cantleave
    cantleave

DocHouse has to be a reincarnation of MadJW

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Vander- those are THEIR opinions as to what GOD'S prophecies mean. YES, they DO glorify themselves- and will have to answer for it.

BrainFloss- thanks for your correction; ther has been ONE thing they taught that is umbiblical- your point @ the Mediator. Just as a note, Churchianity teaches he is no mediator at ALL, since he is 'God'. Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the good news, to help each other (as well as others), and TAUGHT them how to work together (organize), so we really MUST determine who are TRUE fellow christians being guided by spirit- and WORK with them!

AndShirley- the "Slave Class" nonsense is ANOTHER opinion of prophecy.

Opu- same thing.

Mouthy- opinions about GFOD'S prophecies don't make on a false prophet. That is standard church ignorance.

Cofty- if I thought you really wanted to know, I would TRY to answer.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Doc House: AndShirley- the "Slave Class" nonsense is ANOTHER opinion of prophecy.

Really? Tell any elder the WT's view on the slave is just a simple "opinion of prophecy" and see how many nanoseconds it takes for an apostasy judicial committee to be formed.

To further obliterate your comment, why is WT the only 'Christian' religion that holds this unique "opinion" about itself?

Doc, are you deliberately obtuse? Or, woefully ignorant?

For a guy who has a ten post limit, you sure do squander your resources on nonsense and empty rebuttals. Or is this the best you've got?

• cofty
    cofty

Dochouse - If you have any evidence at all, however tenuous, that there is anything credible in the bible please share it.

Hundreds of lurkers want to know if there is any reason to trust the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit