Need help understanding scriptues in Mathew. just trying to show my wife the BORG is soooo wrong

by goingthruthemotions 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I have found that when I first decieded to figure out the real truth of the Bible....I wanted all the answers spelled out clearly, because as a J.W. , we had ALL the answers. Yes, they changed here and there, but the society would tell us what would happen when we die, who goes to heaven, what movies we should watch, ect. ..we had all the answers. Now, I realize that we don't need all the answers. It doesn't all make sense....thats where faith comes in....and we only need faith the size of a mustard seed :)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DocHouse: Jesus said to tell the VISION to no one

WTF? We can't even watch television now?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The WTBS teaches nothing unbiblical that I know of.

HOWEVER, it 1- Has some very goofy opinions (as it has always had) as to what some of the prophecies mean, and

2- Lacking details on how the first congregations were run, have established some rules that cause many problems, and often hurt others.

As EVERY one of us have many flaws, on Organization has many more.

Judge us JWs and the WTBS all you want, as you play Judge- but the Truth stands on it's own- and you will NOT find it in Churchianity....

Apostatea, and atheists, as well.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DocHouse: The WTBS teaches nothing unbiblical that I know of

Really? Have you ever read anything WT has produced?

• cofty
    cofty

megsmomma - I agree that the dogma of christianity does not make sense.

Would it not be sensible to reject it? Why use "faith" to cover over the contradictions? Why do you think faith is a good thing?

Basing your beliefs on evidence rather than faith is the only way to avoid having to defend the indefensible.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

coffy- the biblical definition of "faith" is that it is based on "assurance". When one merly HOPES, they are not ASSURED.

Many facts cannot be seen with our eyes, and FACTS are the basis of my belief in the Bible, and the ones it tells us about.

The WTBS is seperate.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Consider how this Toic was about scripture- but look where it ended UP!

Maybe since I'm a Newy the site limits me to only 10 posts, making it VERY hard to reply, sometimes...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

the biblical definition of "faith"

Sure. Go to the Bible to get the Bible's definition which "proves" the Bible to be correct.

Maybe since I'm a Newy the site limits me to only 10 posts, making it VERY hard to reply, sometimes...

It's seems to me, then, that the best course of action would be to make each of your ten posts as effective as possible by offering substantial material to consider. But you don't.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

DocHouse: Every doctrine which is absolutely unique to Jehovah's witnesses is extra-biblical.

Just for starters: Is 1918 biblical? Is 1919 biblical?

The entire foundation of WT authority is mythological.

Jesus chose men at headquarters in Brooklyn because their hearts were so much purer than the hearts of others.

We know they were so sincere. What were their names again? Of course we know what their hearts were like? Otherwise Jesus would not have chosen them. Didn't Jehovah bless them with 2 Caddies in the garage while others went through the depression? Didn't they have great relationships with their secretaries; didn't they have enough alcohol to pickle the liver of an elephant? Didn't they predict invisible stuff that no one else had a clue about...etc.etc. Were they not humble enough to admit errors when nothing predicted came to pass? Didn't they flip-flop on doctrines and even reverse to original positions? Didn't they disfellowship people for having vaccinations against smallpox in the 30s and organ transplants in the 70s and 80s? All this is obviousl biblical.

Self-praise is the only recommendation grounding GB/FDS authority.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

doc house

What the wtbs says

" To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

what the bible says

"... obtain the salvation that is in union with Christ Jesus along with everlasting glory." 2 Timothy 2:10

what the wtbs says

"Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians? ... So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians ." Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31

what the bible says

1 Timothy 2:5,6 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."

The wtbs says

" To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

The bible says

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life ... He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life." John 3:16, 36

Thank you jwfacts for the references

These are just a few unbiblical teachings go to http://www.jwfacts.com/ for a more comprehensive list

brainfloss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit