Need help understanding scriptues in Mathew. just trying to show my wife the BORG is soooo wrong

by goingthruthemotions 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Whats your deal DOC? Your in the wrong place if you want to defend a cult.....it's too bad you are blind as all the other sheeple. I pray that Jesus will open your eyes before it is too late for you.

Shalom

GTTM

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Doc House

The Watchtower, March 1 st , 1965 p. 151 Basis for Reliance on Prophecy

"The best method of proof is to put a prophecy to the test of time and circumstances. The Bible invites such a test. "The Watchtower is not the instrument of an man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in the Watchtower

The Watchtower, November 1, 1931 p. 327

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of an man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower."

Actually, the WTS only publishes dogma .... that is be accepted and trusted as truth.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

you may wish to read the book 'misquoting jesus' the story behind who changed the bible and why, by bart erhman easy read,and

pretty interesting.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

t's EASY to learn fallacy. When people teach their OPINIONS as to what GOD'S prophecies mean- that does NOT make them false prophets. Just very indiscreet..

That might be the case, if.....

They didn't claim to be the "faithful and discrete slave" as spoken of in the bible

They didn't claim to be the the only route to salvation for all mankind.

They didn't disfellowship anyone who doesn't believe everything they teach, even if such teachings are later changed, or shown to be erroneous.

They didn't constantly make erroneous date predictions.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

I'm PAINFULLY aware of what the Org says about itself.

I'm talking aboiut TRUTH.

They are two different things: The org tries to live up to the truth- and sometimes fails to do so.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

I read " Crisis of Conscience" years ago, underlining all the errors and simply LIES.

If you believe everyting it said, you are both gullible and know little of scripture.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

DH, Have you read "In Search of Christian Freedom"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit