Need help understanding scriptues in Mathew. just trying to show my wife the BORG is soooo wrong

by goingthruthemotions 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Cofty, If I read only Luke 14:26, Mt 8:22, and other similar verses and not Mt 22:37-40, I would agree with your opinion.

It is very easy to cherry-pick passages from written works to justify one's beliefs. I prefer to quote entire paragraphs or chapters of the Bible rather than a sentance or phrase.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• wolfman85
  • cofty
    cofty

It is very easy to cherry-pick passages from written works to justify one's beliefs.

Precisely! I'm not the one excluding verses I don't like.

• Vanderhoven7
  • leoleal411
    leoleal411

I used to be a JW many years ago. God called me out by giving 2 visions. The 1st vision was like this: I was sitting in the kingdom hall then suddenly everyone's eyes were black with no life. God told me " Because they deny my son Jesus Christ who gives life they have no life."as the the Lord and savior and as part of the trinity. Which is: (One Spirit one God manifested into 3 distinct persons).( God the father, God the Son , and God the Holy Ghost). Listen to me please now that I serve the true God. I actively hear from God and it is so beautiful I cry every day from his great Love. If you are saved then you should have a active communication with your Father in heaven. If you don't its because God 's spirit is not in you. Youv'e been decieved by the Angel of light. Which is what God told me is what is activly leading the JW's. and kingdom hall.

So I hope you take that step of faith and ask forgiveness for denying Jesus as (God the Son") and not accepting and believing that he died for your sins.

I guarantee you God will reveal himself to you.

[email protected]

• Magnum
    Magnum

leoleal411 - so let me get this straight. God 'called you out' while you were still a JW going to meetings where, as you admit, falsehoods are taught, yet we, who have already recognized the falsehoods have to " ask forgiveness for denying Jesus" before God will reveal himself to us? So what's the deal? Are you inherently better than us?

And this Trinity thing still doesn't make sense to me. You say that God said to you "they deny my son Jesus". That statement, to me, logically indicates that God and Jesus are separate entities.

• cofty
    cofty

I actively hear from God... ask forgiveness for... not accepting and believing that he died for your sins

I am not a sinner and do not need to apologise for being born human. The idea of god's wrath being propitiated by vicarious sacrifice should be morally repugnant to all rational people.

If you are hearing voices please seek help.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt... this is very interesting. I like how people here can have a respectful discussion about their various understandings.

I applaud the obvious restraint of some of the posters ( you know who you are) as they honestly share their many years of research. They understand that everyone here must make their journey at their on pace. Some things that seem so obvious now took time to be clear.

Those of you who are fairly new here, please keep an open mind. You have spent years learning how to repeat back what you have been taught without really thinking it through.

I would automatically repeat a pat answer that I was taught. I assumed the WT did the research needed and also had a special connection to the Holy Spirit, so everything they they wrote must be accurate. I didn't think I needed to research further. These seasoned posters on this site showed me how wrong that thinking was.

Op: Good for you. You are trying to discover what is true without the WT . Just remember you do not need the publications to still be influenced. It will take while to sort through what you thought was true and what you can prove to be true.

Good luck in your journey.

Miss.Fit

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Never argue with the wife. That's the best advice I could give you. Even when she is wrong, she is right.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Quarterback: lol... tell that to my hubby. We just stay clear of religion and politics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit