Why do JWs have this* on their FB pages now?

by Kudra 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Just today I saw several profile photo changes of some people in my congregation on my FB timeline.

I thought it wasn't going to happen... BUT, fool me. I overestimated their rational capabilities.

There seems to be no hope. Just wanna bury my head in the sand.

• androb31
    androb31

8-1-14 "The world will know..........(dramatic silence).............that 8/2/14 is just around the corner" and that jw's are still annoying.

• Kudra
    Kudra

OMG!

Know what the true miracle that I discovered on 8.1.2014 is???

JWN's messages are fixed! ONE CLICK and you read it! There IS a God!

Haaaaalellujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Haaaaaaallelujah, Hallelujah!!!

(those damn messages would get me EVERY time... *every* time.)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

In reality, I actually do hope they further expose themselves to the public. More people will understand they are a cult and will want nothing to do with them.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Maybe something is up...

This morning something happened that I have never seen before - at least not since I was a JW in the 1950s-60s.

I was still in bed around 10:00 AM (very late night for me) when I heard the doorbell ring. My puppy immediately went ballistic. I figured it was a neighbor or the UPS delivery man. I tossed on my robe and went down stairs groggy-eyed, unshaven, still half asleep figuring that whoever rang the bell would be long gone.

A young JW fellow in nice khaki pants, pastel shirt and a nice tie - accompanied by a young woman - were still standing at my door waiting patiently. They got to see me at my absolute worst, but I patiently listened as he made his presentation.

Holding a "Where can we find answers to life's big questions?" flyer, he begins by simply reading the title and then the three questions at the bottom: Science? Philosophy? the Bible? He then briefly opens and shows me what is in the interior and then flips to the back and points to the JW.org logo.

I asked him what he thought was the answer. "Oh, the Bible, of course."

"Really? For 'big questions'? What about science, history, the economy, recipes, the weather?"

"No, I am talking about 'life's big questions."

"What big questions would you ask it?"

That stopped him for a second, so the young woman with him jumped in. "The important questions!"

"Such as?"

"Why are we here? How did we get here? What will happen to us? When will God destroy this system of things."

At that point, the young man asked if they could step in and discuss it further. I said no, I really wasn't dressed for visitors, my dog needed to be fed, but that they were welcome to return sometime at 'a more reasonable hour.' He gave me the flyer and the left with a very noticeable spring in their step. They must have thought that they have a possible convert just waiting for a bible study.

The really interesting thing for me was what was going on in the background. The street was literally filled with JW couples. From inside my door I could only see across the street and a short distance up the curve to my right, but I could see at least six or seven couples all working together - mostly male/female.

It got me to thinking that maybe all of the apostate bashing about how they tend to just drive into a neighborhood, hit a couple of houses and then leave, might have changed their approach to door to door work. Send a blast of JWs to one neighborhood and keep them together so that they can't skip houses or just sit in their cars. Shame them into knocking every door...

This is also a bit of a change for me. I know that my house has been "marked" for some time as the home of an apostate. I often leave my big window in my office open during the day (I have a really beautiful front yard and view) and when they come in the neighborhood my dog barks to let me know there are strangers around. So I see them pass my house with bookcase or books in hand and then keep moving down the street. Obviously I'm home - they can see me right through the window - but they don't stop. It is strange because I have always been nice to them and welcoming and when I have spoken to them I always let them say their prepared intro. My town is not that big and has three KHs all with fair membership. So based on my experience as a kid they should be hitting my neighborhood (very safe, somewhat upscale) at least 4 times a year. I do get flyers at Memorial and before the District Convention (usually held in our city), but hardly ever just a stop and chat.

The flyer, of course, is interesting in itself, with a graphic of a smart phone right on the front cover. JW.org is prominent in the interior as is a photo of a lady sitting at her laptop. The whole point of the flyer is "get on the computer and internet." You really have to focus hard to find "Jehovah's Witnesses" on the back page in very small, thin, and light font. You need a magnifying glass to read (c) 2014 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania deep int the far left corner. There is a qr-code that takes you to a video on JW.org.

By the way - the JW logo has the separating period on the left of org. They apparently have dumped the version that has the period to the right of JW. If you go to the web page labeled "About Jehovah's Witnesses" and look at the logo in the header photo, you will see that the period is still on the right, whereas the logo on the actual page is actually on the left.

JV

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

....that the internet exists?

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Alpha man LOL! Love your Borg cube tower.

Would love to take credit for this image, but a real genius came up with it whoever they are. By posting it I was hoping someone would photoshop it on the new JW.Org image.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

By the way - the JW logo has the separating period on the left of org. They apparently have dumped the version that has the period to the right of JW. If you go to the web page labeled "About Jehovah's Witnesses" and look at the logo in the header photo, you will see that the period is still on the right, whereas the logo on the actual page is actually on the left.

Ha! This is hilarious to me. Who was it here that said that maybe there's warring factions within the Society, the "JW-dotters" and the "dot-orgers"?

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

They came at our gate today, but I didn't open. Our dogs nearly barked their lungs out and I saw two men standing at the gate (saw them in the bathroom mirror haha)... Of course I recognized them immediately as JWs, so I left them there. Later I found the flyer... it kind of annoyed me that they folded it horizontally instead of vertically. As a child I've helped at numerous occasions to fold flyers (back in the 70's) with my mother and other sisters and we took that task very seriously. Anyway, I didn't even bother to read this new piece of crap nor looked at it closely. Just trashed it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It would be awesome if there was a "Sparlock doing sign language while jumping the shark and wearing a 1914 t-shirt" pic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit