Just got off the elevator with Anthony Morris

by kneehighmiah 47 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes BU2B!

Its the same method people use when they start a sentence with "I don't mean to be rude, but...(insert rude comment here)"

or "I don't mean to offend you, but (insert an offensive comment here)"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm not sure who of the "most holy GB" is coming to the Melbourne convention, but I swear here and now, that if they start going on with the sort of comments that many have shared here....then I will just burst out laughing and say "huh?!?!...did anyone else just hear what I heard!????"

And then walk out....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BU2B: In the last talk today he said that if you let yourself be anxious, you won't make it through the end. My wife feels major guilt now.

Exactly. This is how they manipulate and control. They really are masters at it.

Billy: He was inches away from an undercover apostate in a elevator and neither the holy spirit or Jesus could clue him in. What an idiot.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I am going to make my move soon. I am now going to be more candid in my comments to my wife, parents, and other JWs about things. I have nothing to lose at this point. If I delay, it wont ever get any easier. I just can't keep the way I feel bottled up inside much longer. If they cannot respect that I see things a different way, they do not deserve me in their lives anyways. They will be exposed as selfish, even though they will paint it the opposite way. If you shun your son, or leave your husband because he does not see the world exactly the same way you do, you are not worthy of them.

The trick is to do it with love and patience, even though you may be full of anger inside. So difficult to do. My first step will be to show my wife the lying quotes from the "Gods kingdom rules" book, read what they actually said pre-1914 and ask her why they print things like this that are not true. It likely will fall on deaf ears, but I have to try. I cannot let her back out of it either. I need an answer. Time to step it up. This convention did nothing but strenghthen my resolve to get the hell out.

• BU2B
    BU2B

you are not worthy of them- edited- they are not worthy of you.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If you shun your son, or leave your husband because he does not see the world exactly the same way you do, [they] are not worthy of [you].

Or they're simply unable to cope with their anxieties and social dependence on fellow believers. They're between a rock and a hard place, screwed no matter whether they side with you or the org.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bu2b - "Afterwards, everyone was gushing about how 'down to earth' he is and how they really love him..."

Know who else used to say that back in the day?

People who'd met (and voted for) George W. Bush.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Billy - "Right. He was inches away from an undercover apostate in a elevator and neither the holy spirit or Jesus could clue him in. What an idiot."

* snicker *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit